About CRS : “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Receptionist
Duty Station: CRS/Addis Ababa Office
Requered no: One
Employment Term: Indefinite term
Reports To: Administrative Manager
Application Deadline: September 29, 2020
Purpose of the Position
The receptionist will provide the service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient Reception activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent & high-quality service in managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls, receive and assist CRS visitors and staff locating offices and administrative services as required.
Managing Telephone calls and the reception area
· Receives, screens, and transmits incoming and outgoing telephone calls to respective staff members;
· Takes telephone messages in the absence of staff members and ensures the transmission of messages in a timely and accurate manner;
· Ensure that the reception area is organized a neat and professional manner;
Providing assistance to visitors and staff
· Ensure that unauthorized visitor do not walk into the office by checking for details of the appointment and verifying this with relevant department staff
· Receives visitors coming to the office in a Polite manner, checks for ID card and directs them to the relevant staff by issuing a visitor card
· Assist staff that comes from Field Offices/Project sites in locating offices/staff
· Perform as duties as required
Education and Experience
· Completion of College Diploma in Management, Reception & related fields with 2 years relevant experience
· Ability to communicate effectively both in English and Amharic languages
· Ability to deal with people courteously
· Ability to safeguard the confidentiality of agency’s information and data
· Ability to answer calls with tact judgment and poise
· Ability to answer calls under heavy traffic load
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Good knowledge and skills of telephone system operations switchboard system and regulations
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships * Professional Growth * Partnership * Accountability
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by September 29,2020 , up to 5:00 PM , late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** “ Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply **
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer