About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Officer the Receptionist will on top of managing the reception area, handle telephone and fax communications, all reception duties in an efficient and professional manner. Effectively carry out administrative tasks related to filling and other administrative tasks as requested.
Key Job functions/responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To maintain an attractive, pleasant, and neat front desk area.
- To receive and assist guests to the office courteously, answering queries and providing information while being as prudent as possible.
- To assist visitors to leave messages where the employee desired is not around and ensures that the messages are received.
- To organize the notice boards at the reception area regularly displaying relevant and useful information for the attention of members of staff and visitors.
Telephone and Fax communication
- Receive & transfer all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Receive &send fax messages and forward the documents to concerned staffs.
- Ensure urgent messages are followed up accordingly by the front desk and the staff member concerned.
- Making official phone calls on behalf of staff members, especially senior managers.
- Maintaining and updating regularly an internal telephone extension list and instructions for use. Updating staff contact sheet on any changes.
- Reporting any faults to the IT Officer and Telecommunication Company immediately.
- Securely maintain and use IRC stamp only on the authorized/approved documents.
- Making appointments for staff and reminding them of approaching appointments. Schedule interviews for internal and external candidates.
- Efficiently issue stationeries for staff upon request, release supplies from store by filling Store Release Form. Maintain tracking of stationeries issued VS inventory realized from store.
- Conduct analysis of supplies purchased and supplies released from store VS Inventory tracking of logistics. Proactively raise PR for quarter procurement request before the supplies gets depleted.
- File documents for the Country Director.
- Regularly check incoming mailbox including the post office and Ensure mail pouches to NY and Field sites are dispatched in timely manner.
- Open internal mails like CV’s and distribute them to the intended personnel.
- Make copies of personnel letters. Assist in distribution of signed/approved documents.
- Ensure outgoing mail pouches dispatched on time.
- Assist in coordinating farewells and procurement of gifts for staff.
- Performs any additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisors
Key working relationships
A) Internal: All IRC Ethiopia staff based in Addis and throughout the Country.
B) External: Other NGOs and bodies connected to IRC in Ethiopia work.
Education: BA degree/ Diploma in Management, Business Administration, Personnel Management, and related fields.
Experience: 2 years of experience for diploma/TVET holders and 0 years of experience for degree holders.
- Basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analytical skill
How to Apply
How to apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.