Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The position holder will responsible for proper administration of staff salaries and benefits based on existing systems and processes. The candidate will perform all transactional duties dealing with employee benefits and ensure staff understands their entitlement. In addition, the job holder will work closely with the recruitment manager in ensuring competent and committed workforce from internal and external sources are recruited and hired to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Mainly the incumbent will be responsible for keeping, monitoring compensation databases, Employee compensation, benchmark compensation, and employee benefits.
Employee Benefits (40%)
- Conduct /lead in salary and benefits surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefits plans for the staff.
- Updating market data and gather data as part of robust market survey and analysis activities regarding compensation programs.
- Ensure and monitor compensation and benefit staff record e.g. medical, annual leave, salaries, GPA insurance, pension fund, provident fund and others are handled properly.
- Assisting employees with enrolment in benefits programmes such as ensuring that all new employees are registered with the pension scheme and appropriate records are created or updated with PEOSSA, insurance, PF, etc…
- Assist in salary administration programs, reviewing changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy, incentive program calculations and communications.
- Propose insurance and medical service providers, participate in the selection of the same, review quality and cost of the services and recommend changes accordingly.
- Provide answers and help to employees with questions related to benefits
- Informing employees of any changes to their benefits.
- Check and verify medical expense requests submitted by CO staff if the staff legal dependents are correctly registered.
- Keeping employee benefits records up to date.
- Accounting the total cost to company of various benefits options.
- Assisting with payroll.
- Monitor that the company’s benefits policy complies with laws and regulations.
Recruitment and Selection (30%)
- Update Plan Ethiopia workforce plan and forecasts that reflects staffing status of the organization and help to locate qualified staff with appropriate level of skills and competencies.
- Coordinate with department/unit managers to assess their respective staff needs and initiate the recruitment process as per Plan Ethiopia HR policy and the labour law of the land.
- Prepare vacancy announcements based on specific job descriptions and skill requirements proposed by the recruiting department and disseminate the announcement of job opportunities internally and externally as widely as possible through innovative ways.
- Receive job applications, coordinate with the recruitment Panel members including the recruiting manager to undertake short listing and arrange assessments/interviews are conducted within a reasonable time.
- Orient the Panel with Plan recruitment policy and set of procedures and criteria’s every time the members meet for assessment/interview and ensure that the rules and regulations are strictly adhered to while selecting or rejecting candidates.
- Conduct reference checks as a means of obtaining information on strength and weaknesses of selected candidates to strengthen the decision of the panel.
- Prepare employment minutes based on the recommendations of panel members and secure approval of the Country Director.
- Facilitate the preparation of offer letter or employment contract, organize adequate inductions for new employees and prepare recruitment status report on weekly basis.
Policy and procedure (13%)
- Assist to develop and update HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure Plan polices are signed by all staff and new entrants as required.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Other responsibility (13%)
- Handles and process various documents on a timely basis and as per the Plan Ethiopia’s Human resource manual.
- Mainstream and manage the employee central/HRIS.
- Maintain all HR policies, procedures and appropriate formats are preserved well
- Provide support in facilitating clearance for separating employee and ensure that employee returns the ID card;
- Facilitate and check the handing over process of leavers: Prepare Acceptance of resignation letter, Check Exit Interview and Handover note is filled and signed by Line manager, Handle termination and retirement process and Prepare and process final payment and work certificate
- Collate exist interview information in a template to help drive better HR decision making
- Implement data protection policy.
- Submit periodical report
- Perform other relevant duties and as assigned (of a similar nature of related in the interest of the organization.
Financial Responsibility (5%)
- Support the department in budget preparation, consolidation and analysis.
- Conduct market assessment to support budget preparation for employee benefit and compensation.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff signed safeguarding policies;
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Education: First Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Management, Human Resource Management or related fields
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of International NGO or demonstrated equivalent combination
- Experience in mass and Emergency recruitment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of data collection and analysis
- Good interpersonal skill
- Knowledge of the use of HR systems
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of other Local Languages is a desirable
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Certificate in statistics or related courses
Location: Addis Ababa
Type of Role: Coordinator
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Closing Date: July 25, 2022
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.