EDC is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. Founded in 1958, EDC’s headquarters are located in Waltham MA, USA. We also have offices in New York City and Washington, DC, USA. EDC implements projects in over 35 countries.
The five-year READ II project (2018-2023), funded by USAID, will boost the quality of literacy instruction and student support, reaching out to children at risk of failure and dropout caused by cognitive, emotional and physical effects of hunger, violence, and displacement. READ II seeks to better equip teachers with effective early grade reading instruction techniques and materials in seven mother-tongue languages and English, while simultaneously building a culture of reading in the school, home and community.
The Regional Finance Officer will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The Finance Officer will also be responsible for maintaining personnel leave files that inform payroll.
- Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely close of monthly, quarterly and year – end financial reports.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of expenses.
- Coordinate closely with other service providers on the renewal of their contracts, agreements and on obtaining their invoices.
- Work closely with the Logistics Officer to support activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Reporting and Organizational Relationships:
The Regional Finance Officer will report to the Regional Senior Finance Coordinator and work closely with the Finance and Administration Director in the Addis Ababa office.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required,
- Must have at least three years of general work experience
- Must have at least two years of specialized experience relevant to accounting
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
How to Apply
Please visit this site https://go.edc.org/FinanceOfficerAddisAbaba to send your completed application. Deadline for application submission is October 28, 2020 at 5pm Ethiopia Time.
Only candidates who are invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.