ICAP at Columbia University
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Regional Health Information Specialists will provide health information systems (HIS) technical support to the health facilities in the region and their respective Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), including training, mentoring, and addressing technical issues.
· Provide technical input to system requirements, analysis, design, specifications, improvement, maintenance and use of electronic HIS
· Provide technical support to RHBs, Zonal/Sub City Health Departments, woreda health offices and health facilities in implementing paper-based and electronic HIV/AIDS data collection and management tools
· Handling deployment and maintenance of HIS applications such as Enhanced EMR-ART, ETORR and REDCap at facility levels
· Logging reported/identified issues with Enhanced EMR-ART and follow-up with the developers or designated person for resolution.
· Provide trainings on HIS, HIV/AIDS data management, data quality and information use to staff working on HIS and HIV/AIDS data management in the region
· Perform regular supportive supervision to the Enhanced EMR-ART health facilities in the region
· Conduct regular mentorship to health institutions on HIV/AIDS data collection, data quality assurance and data use
· Conduct, measure and document changes in relation to health systems strengthening interventions
· Conduct site visits and undertake preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of systems
· Support actual implementation of electronic information systems for HIV/AIDS patient level data management
· Provide technical supports to Regional Public Health Emergency Operation Center (E OC) and Central Data Repository (CDR).
· Complete performance reports regularly
· Perform other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or electrical engineering or related field and Master’s Degree in health informatics or a related field.
· At least 5 years of experience in the health sector
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Required
· Proven experience in deployment and administration of Electronic Medical Recording Systems, Provision of capacity building trainings and IT Technical Support on eHealth systems (SmartCare, HMIS, DHIS2 and others)
·Strong oral and written skills in English and Amharic languages
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply