· Work closely within regional government to facilitate liaising with partners and stakeholders, in order to ensure continuity of the implementation of the planned activities for HPV, MCV2 and PIRI introduction
· Help develop detailed regional HPV and other New Vaccine introduction(NVI) plan as well as PIRI with timelines and clear responsibilities, taking into account information on the likely timing of the release of the Vaccine Introduction Grant and of Vaccine Supply
· Assist Afar RHB to facilitate the different technical working group meetings in preparation and timely distribution of training manuals, guidelines, job-aids, and communication tools on HPV, MCV2 and PIRI.
· Conduct preliminary supportive supervision and report the findings to the Afar RHB, zones and woredas on different preparatory activities of the HPV roll out and MCV2 introduction as well as PIRI including support to any necessary analysis of data
· Organize zonal and district micro-planning –exercise and collect and compile MPs at regional level
· Support the PIRI regional implementation
· Support and coordinate regional communication working group in developing/adapting appropriate communication materials for HPV roll-out, MCV2 introduction and PIRI to address all target population including out of school girls for HPV
· Follow up and make sure all vaccines and other necessary supplies are timely distributed.
· Facilitate advocacy visits to different stake holders at regional and zonal levels
· Support RHBs in clearly communicating roles and responsibilities of lower administrative levels in HPV, MCV2 introduction and PIRI in selected Woredas of the region as needed.
- Job Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Officer or BSc in nursing and having master’s in public health is an asset.
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in public health programming, with particular experience in the area of immunization and maternal/child health programs.
· Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government, partners, donors and international organizations at various levels.
· Experience in facilitating meetings and moderating complex discussions with a variety of stakeholders (including religious and clan leaders) preferred.
· Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities and work under minimal/remote supervision.
· S/he should be fluent in local languages i.e. Afar language for the position in Afar Health Bureau.
· Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including cross-cultural teams.
· Knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Afar region.
· Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to travel up to 60% of the time to the districts.
- How To Apply :
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.path.org/jobs or send copy of your credentials and cover letter using the below address to PATH office in Ethiopia.
Previous applicants need not apply.
PATH office in Ethiopia
P.O. Box 493 Code 1110
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Application deadline is August 17, 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.