Laterite is looking for Research Analysts to join our offices in Ethiopia and Rwanda
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. Laterite works with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our core activity sectors are: public health, agriculture, urbanization & migration, education, and youth & labor. We are also involved in projects with a focus on gender issues.
- Contribute to project’s research design and sampling strategy, including the development, piloting and programming of electronic survey instruments using an ODK based platform;
- Support management in supervising and training the enumerator and field teams;
- Supervise data collection and implement a variety of quality checks to ensure that the highest data quality standards are met;
- Support the analysis and write-ups of quantitative and qualitative research;
- Monitor relevant economic and public policy news in the country on a regular basis that may have implications for our research projects;
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the management team – including accounting, HR and related tasks;
We are looking for early-career professionals with a keen interest in international development and exploring data.
Our future colleagues have:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors;
- At least 1 year of experience working on development projects, impact evaluations or other research studies;
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills: proficiency in STATA, R and/or Python is a must;
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare)
Additionally, they have:
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English);
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- An eye for detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by taking ownership and initiative.
- Experience living and working in low-income countries.
Candidates from East African countries are especially welcome to apply.
Laterite is also advertising for a Research Analyst position in Kenya with a focus on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems.
Full job description: http://bit.ly/RA-EtRw2020
We invite you to submit your CV and complete our application form , with a couple of questions about your motivation and your past experience. At the end of this application you will be sent a link to a 30-minute quantitative assessment. We will contact successful applicants to discuss next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.