Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Quality Improvement (MERQ) is a private consulting firm established by a team of enthusiastic Ethiopian professionals with a mix of medical, public health, program evaluation, health care quality, and capacity building backgrounds.
MERQ is a firm that aspires to be a pragmatic choice for those who are looking for genuine engagement in research, scientific inquiries, and program implementation. It has been operating in Ethiopia since 2013, has done several small-scale and large-scale undertakings of public health of social importance, and has collaborated with several local and international partners. Most of its engagements were contractual, and at the moment have expanded to grant management.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ready to committee 1-month full time. This will require taking leave for those who might have other commitments.
- Attained 5 days training on PHC capacity assessment tool
- Understand the data collection tools (Primary health care Capacity assessment tools)
- Complete and synthesize already initiated desk review on PHC capacity assessment which will be used as an input for capacity assessment of RHBs
- Facilitate internal capacity assessment of RHBs
- Conduct in depth interviews to supplement capacity assessment whenever there is a gap in Desk review
- Conduct external capacity assessment of RHBs
- Participate in regional validation workshop and produce summarized workshop discussions
- Ensure completeness of the data collected during capacity assessment and validation workshop
- Willing to participate in the national validation workshop if requested
Reports To: Research and Scientific Inquiry Director
Employment: One Month Consultancy (employment starts from April 12)
Number of Consultants Required: 48
- Msc degree in Health service management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience after master degree
- Familiarity with RHB and MOH, and their documentations/ planning and indicator documents
- Fluent in written and spoken English (knowledge of multiple local language is an asset
- Ready to travel to all regional capitals for data collection
- Should have personal laptop as all instruments and support documents are electronic
- Have basic computer skill and ability to use Ms Excel
How to Apply
If you are interested and would like to join MERQ team, applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] before March 28, 2021. The position title should be mentioned on the subject and the CV and cover letter attached in the email as PDF format. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Application for the vacancy should be through the email mentioned above and telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.