|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Research Officer II|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Application Deadline||:||Monday, February 17, 2020|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Research Officer II
• Conducting field data collection, including setting up of measuring instruments, secondary data collection, literature synthesis, interviews and other forms of research activities;
• Analyzing data, including using modelling and GIS tools, and drafting scientific publications, policy briefs and technical reports in relation to the various projects the RO is supporting;
• Identifying demonstration sites and participating farmers for specific technology pilots in the field of small-scale irrigation, sustainable agricultural water management and natural resource management;
• Facilitating the collaboration among partners and researchers to pilot joint data collection and analysis, and monitoring and evaluating of irrigation and water / natural resource management interventions;
• Identifying partnerships, policies and institutional requirements for testing approaches, technologies and investment propositions;
• Facilitating project outreach activities and dialogue platforms with national and regional stakeholders and research partners, including the private sector;
• Carrying out other project and research related activities as required.
– Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
– Job Grade: HG 14
– Monthly Base Salary: Birr 43,956 (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
– Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position. The initial appointment is for two years. The ILRI/IWMI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes a very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities that are located on-site.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: RO/06/20 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 17 February 2020.
• To find more about IWMI, visit our Website at
• To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
• Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Master’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Agricultural Water Management or Irrigation Management
• At least three years relevant work experience post MSc degree in research for development in Ethiopia with a focus on hydrology, agricultural water management and soil and water conservation at plot, farm and landscape level
• Some experience in transforming research into knowledge products for outreach and impact in Ethiopia
• Some experience in communicating research findings in national or international conferences and other platforms.
• Knowledge and ability to use models (e.g. CROPWAT, Aqua crop models for crop water demand estimation and irrigation scheduling determination) and water productivity databases
• Experience in climate variability assessment and soil-water-plant-climate relationships
• Experience in establishing databases and using statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, ANOVA)
• Experience in GIS and remote sensing tools
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with academic and non-academic stakeholders
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex issues clearly
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic. Fluency in other Ethiopian languages is beneficial
• Experience in translating research results into training material for farmers, irrigation scheme managers, government officials and researchers in relation to on-farm water management and small-scale irrigation
• Fluency in other Ethiopian languages
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 43956.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 43956.00|