KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Organizing and facilitate safeguarding (Child, Adult and Harassment) awareness for functions, project staff, partners, volunteers, beneficiaries and other representatives (consultants, construction team, rental derivers, venders) for both humanitarian response and development programs.
§ Facilitate/ coordinate safeguarding induction for new joiners with significant focus of humanitarian response team and conduct ongoing refreshment training for staff, partner’s focal points on child safeguarding and PSEA.
§ Ensure all projects are risk assessed, develop mitigation strategies and recorded, monitor and update the tracker on regular basis in collaboration with program managers and focal points at field level.
§ Identify project level contact person for beneficiaries and ensure local safeguarding reporting procedure is updated and displayed in project implementation areas
§ Ensure safeguarding concept and reporting procedure is well understood by beneficiaries, staff, volunteers, partners and representatives and ensure safeguarding messages are displayed in local language at project level.
§ Conduct periodical assessment/survey on understanding and practice of safeguarding by beneficiaries, staff, volunteers, partners and representatives and the effectiveness of existing reporting procedures
§ Follow up on volunteer recruitment process of projects and ensure the proper documentation are kept in the data base/record in collaboration with HR and project manager
§ Conduct focus group discussion with children and adult beneficiaries on safe programing and effective reporting procedure in collaboration with MEAL colligues.
§ Report safeguarding incidents in DATIX system timely and coordinate with the national safeguarding team for the follow up, preliminary data collection, participation on investigation as relevant, coordinate referral mechanism as relevant
§ Assess the child participation events, make sure the procedures are followed in collaboration with event organizer.
§ Compile and submit monthly report on safeguarding activities to safeguarding manager at country office
§ Support local partners on training, risk assessment and other technical support as identified by the partner
§ Facilitate translation of materials, editing and disseminate messages for various groups and monitor the understanding
§ Mapping of service providers at project areas to ensure reported cases are referred to relevant stakeholders and update periodically as relevant
§ Participate on the kick off meetings, other relevant workshops/trainings facilitated at field office and represent safeguarding appropriately this include regional PSEA network as available. Participate in proposal development on safeguarding aspects whenever demands.
§ Organize learning forum based on the identified risks, challenges and best practices
§ Attend in house safeguarding and other relevant online and face to face trainings, webinars, meetings, workshop and put other relevant training/mentoring/couching demand on development plan as appropriate.
§ Take additional assignment when the demand arises by supervisor including external representation
§ Conduct gender capacity assessment and build staff capacity through trainings and providing job embedded support (coaching, mentoring, experience sharing etc.)
- Assess, identify and address the gender biases affecting women, girls, boys and men differently to have safe and equitable participation and benefit in collaboration with project staff
- develop agree on actions to address priority gaps on gender with the field managers, and sector thematic experts, support and follow up implementation
- Coordinate and involve in facilitating advocacy and campaigning events organized to address gender inequalities and discriminatory perceptions, attitudes and practices
- Identify, adopt community based behavioural change and positive gender norm development interventions and promote strategies/ approaches ensure men and boys engagement in child safeguarding
- Assess periodically the progress towards gender integration and transformative result, communicate with project leads
- Provide leadership in planning, implementation and monitoring of gender focused strategies and interventions
- Lead the collection, analysis and utilization of information from a broad range of sources to ensure effective integration of gender concerns document best practices of the project in implementing gender and youth components for learning with partners and relevant staff
- Facilitate establishment / strengthening of existing gender networks/plat forums for joint and sustained promotion of gender equality
- Assist and involve in design and production of Gender SBCC manual (picture flip-books),
- audio and video spot messages to be used for advocacy community dialogue/awareness session on behavioural change
- Participate actively in designing and conducting gender specific and sectoral surveys, assessments, formative and researches to ensure consideration of gender dimensions, collection of sex and age disaggregated data, gender responsive data analysis and reporting
- Support in organizing and facilitating and project level knowledge sharing events
- Prepare monthly gender related activity report and share to area office manager and HR manager.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· Minimum of Bachelor Degree in social sciences and three years proven experience on child protection, education, social work. child safeguarding, gender and other related field.
· Experience on facilitation and coordination of training and workshops
· Experience in conducting assessment, monitoring and report writing
· Practical experience on child participation on the intervention of program activities.
· Strong computer skills, including the use of email, internet and Microsoft office
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Experience on child safeguarding and PSEA
· Experience on gender mainstreaming, GBV case management
· Experience on humanitarian response programs
· Skill on illustration design and publication
· Good understanding on national laws and procedures
· Speaking and writing of the local language