KEY Roles and Responsibilities
· With guidance from the Immunization Strengthening Project Manager, support the implementation of the project demand creation activities in the location
· Closely work with key RHB and other key stakeholders to develop and implement locally relevant and feasible SBCC strategies for immunization service
· Support the design and implementation of SBCC related assessments in the project areas
· Contribute to the development and review of SBCC messages / materials in collaboration with other program staff, relevant Governmental offices, Partners and community representatives.
· Support development and review of relevant training materials and job aids.
· Organize and execute community SBCC campaigns in collaboration with other stakeholders.
· Support the design of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders, Project Manager, M&E Officer and technical advisor
· Support assessments of gender related barriers on immunization service uptake in the implementation areas
· Support the evaluation/documentation of the impact of SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders
· Participate in all Save the Children initiated as well as multi-stakeholders’ advocacy activities, forums and networks aimed at raising the profile of immunization issues as assigned
· Undertake regular documentation of activities including lessons learned and success stories.
· Document lessons learned, and write case stories in immunization related community mobilization activities and report on a regular basis
· Prepare and submit regular updates and reports to Immunization Strengthening Project Manager as per agreed frequency and formats
· Conduct regular field visits to undertake, support, monitor and document BCC activities in the implementation areas
· Participate in joint field visits, review meetings and planning meetings.
KILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in the field of Public Health, Nursing, Health Education, or related health fields
- 4-5 years relevant experience with at least three years in an INGO environment implementing SBCC activities and preferably in the immunization program
- Computer literacy in all the Microsoft Office applications, and internet literacy are required
- Experience in research, including qualitative methodologies is required
- Experience in working with multicultural team and complex projects
- Good understanding of the Health Extension Program is a plus,
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- Ability to work in team, strong negotiation and analytical skills; ability to multitask and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to extensively travel to project implementation woredas
- Understanding of the local culture
- Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en