- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The Save the Children in Ethiopia Country Office (CO), in support of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), has continued to contribute to the well-being of Ethiopian children in development and humanitarian contexts. We work to provide immediate humanitarian relief and long-term sustainable development.
Under the overall guidance of the Immunization Strengthening Project Manager, the SBCC Officer is responsible for the coordination and support of implementation of the Project’s behaviour change communication activities in the project implementation woredas and refugee camps in Gambella Regional State. The post holder will also be responsible to support, follow up, and ensure demand creation activities of the project are implemented, monitored, supervised and reported. S/he will be responsible to support assessments designed to understand specific gender related barriers to immunization service utilization, and closely work with the Project team in the region, implementation woredas, ARRA and the technical team in Addis for the development of strategies, aligned with government community mobilization strategies, to address those barriers to immunization service delivery and utilization. S/he will contribute to the development and review of IEC/BCC messages / materials in collaboration with other program staff and relevant stakeholders. S/he will contribute to the documentation of lessons, evaluation/ documentation of the impact of BCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders.
Place of Work : Gambella FO
Program/Unit : Integrated Immunization Project
Monthly Salary in ETB : As per the organization scale
No. of Positions : One (1)
Duration of Contract : 1 year with high possibility of extension
KEY Roles and Responsibilities
- With guidance from the Immunization Strengthening Project Manager, support the implementation of the project demand creation activities in the location
- Closely work with key RHB and other key stakeholders to develop and implement locally relevant and feasible SBCC strategies for immunization service
- Support the design and implementation of SBCC related assessments in the project areas
- Contribute to the development and review of SBCC messages / materials in collaboration with other program staff, relevant Governmental offices, Partners and community representatives.
- Support development and review of relevant training materials and job aids.
- Organize and execute community SBCC campaigns in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Support the design of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders, Project Manager, M&E Officer and technical advisor
- Support assessments of gender related barriers on immunization service uptake in the implementation areas
- Support the evaluation/documentation of the impact of SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Participate in all Save the Children initiated as well as multi-stakeholders’ advocacy activities, forums and networks aimed at raising the profile of immunization issues as assigned
- Undertake regular documentation of activities including lessons learned and success stories.
- Document lessons learned, and write case stories in immunization related community mobilization activities and report on a regular basis
- Prepare and submit regular updates and reports to Immunization Strengthening Project Manager as per agreed frequency and formats
- Conduct regular field visits to undertake, support, monitor and document BCC activities in the implementation areas
- Participate in joint field visits, review meetings and planning meetings.
KILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in the field of Public Health, Nursing, Health Education, or related health fields
- 4-5 years relevant experience with at least three years in an INGO environment implementing SBCC activities and preferably in the immunization program
- Computer literacy in all the Microsoft Office applications, and internet literacy are required
- Experience in research, including qualitative methodologies is required
- Experience in working with multicultural team and complex projects
- Good understanding of the Health Extension Program is a plus,
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- Ability to work in team, strong negotiation and analytical skills; ability to multitask and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to extensively travel to project implementation woredas
- Understanding of the local culture
- Commitment to Save the Children values
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.