- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of activities and prepare weekly movement plan to SC/TFU sites
- Monitor implementation of SC/TFU and program quality
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products
- Facilitate training, work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital, and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of SC/TFU
- Ensure children discharged from SC/TFU are transferred to nearby OTP to continue their therapeutic treatment
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants in C/TFU
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the Management of SAM (-/++)
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy, and submit to Woreda Project CMAM officer
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Assist HEWs in identifying patients who need to be transferred to OTP, patients with failure-to respond to treatment and patients who need to be discharged.
- Facilitate training and work closely with Woreda Health staffs at Health posts, Health centre and district level.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, and stock balance control
- In charge of SC quality program implementation and monthly SC activity
- Supports the program integration with health office and WHO through on job trainings and supervisions
Technical Support role
- Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
- Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
- Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
- Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
- Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
- Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- Promote adoption of approaches that leads to sustainable development
- Build communities’ management skills in analysis and reflection processes, setting goals for improvements, planning implementation steps, taking action, and monitoring progress
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing, Public Health or other related fields
- Minimum two years working experience with NGOs out of which one year in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language (Somali) (Mandatory)
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
- Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
- Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Fer-Fer Woreda of Shabelle Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.