DAN TECHNOCRAFT PLC
Dan Technocraft PLC is a company established under the Commercial Code of Ethiopia of 1960. It was established with a capital of Birr 14,100,000.00. Although it was established as a legal entity in September 1992, it has a history of more than 47 years in the manufacturing of different types of household, office, school and hospital furniture and lifts. It has an ample capacity and equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and equipment to manufacture furniture of assorted types. It has a workforce of more than 400 professionals proficient in various areas. Its products are quality, durable, safe and affordable.
General Position Description:
The senior accountant is responsible for most financial functions, include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants . She/he will also provide timely reports and assistance to the General Manager to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Perform any other similar tasks that may be reasonably assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience is required.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly in Excel
- Prior strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Additional certification is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Must be confident, self-starter, an independent thinker and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skill; team oriented
- High professional standard of administration ethics, as well as willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures, is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral are required.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and appropriate flexibility.
- Emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Matrix Reporting
How to Apply
include a CV and all relevant official documents. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send non-returnable application letter, CV and credentials on the following address:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.