Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 employees in our 450 offices around the world. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resources management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech Inc. is working on USAID-Ethiopia’s Engineering Services and Construction Oversight (ESCO) project which is currently in its second phase. The project includes providing engineering services and oversight for health facilities, national blood bank service, water supply for health facilities, rural water supply and sanitation.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Senior Civil Engineer to lead projects under ESCO-2. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. The successful candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and thus an inquisitive mind, solid technical background in engineering (particularly in building engineering), and knowledge of general construction practices with a strong desire to apply engineering principles to unique and complex engineering projects are desirable. The Senior Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Overall management of building/structural projects under ESCO-2 including scope, schedule, and quality of work to be done in accordance with the direction and leadership of the Chief of Party
- Manage and coordinate the ESCO-2 architectural, civil, and electrical engineering team for effective and efficient implementation of the projects
- Review reports and other deliverables prepared by regional engineers and prepare final reports for the Chief of Party’s review
- Upon USAID’s request, review study and design documents submitted by implementing partners/contractors and prepare consolidated feedback and recommendations for the Chief of Party’s review
- Manage all building/structural/geotechnical engineering related design works that may be required as part of ESCO-2 including preparation of architectural, structural, electrical, and sanitary designs, working drawings, and design reports for the Chief of Party’s review
- Provide technical input and support resolution of technical issues on building/structures, geotechnical, and other related issues as required
- Provide technical input for any queries USAID may raise on study, design, and/or construction works done in-house or by the implementing partners/contractors
- Provide input for responses to implementing partners’/contractors’ requests for information
- Perform periodic site visits to project sites
- Participate in meetings and workshops, as required
- Other duties assigned by the Chief of Party
- Reports to the Chief of Party .
Essential educational, experience, and competency requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering (Master’s degree preferred) with specialization in building/structural/geotechnical engineering or other related fields
- Relevant design and site supervision experience, preferably on USAID or donor-funded construction activities
- Experience in project management and coordination including team management
- Experience in building/structural/geotechnical engineering
- Experience in construction and rehabilitation of health and other similar facility buildings
- Ethiopian engineering certification
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project , Word , and Excel
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To be considered for evaluation, candidates must follow and submit the following:
- Indicate the title of position you are applying for on the email subject
- Cover letter (mention the position you are applying in the cover letter)
- Three professional references.
How to Apply
Only electronic submission of applications will be considered for evaluation. Please submit your application through ESCO2jobs@tetratech.com . Applications are expected by October 29, 2019.
Tetra tech Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, and disability. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply