GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors. GOAL E Humanitarian Response is centered on nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, multipurpose cash, NFIs and protection interventions in country wide while the recovery and development focus on livelihoods, economic opportunities, health, health and nutrition system strengthening and WASH with solid emphasis on integrated programming and community-based approach in Oromiya regional state. The Street Children programme is implemented with local partners in Addis Ababa and Hawassa.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the role
The Senior CMAM Programme Officer will be responsible to ensure that all components of the CMAM programme including SC, OTP, TSFP, BSFP, IYCF, C-MAMI, Community outreach, dietary diversification are functioning in line with standards, providing quality of care to all the beneficiaries, respecting protocols and principles of good practice.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Diploma/B.Sc or equivalent in Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition or related fields.
· Minimum 3 (three) years practical field experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM/ CTC) and/or food distributions and implementation of feeding programmes, including monitoring and evaluation.
· Good knowledge, understanding and implementation of integrated Rural Development and emergency Programme activities,
· Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
· Training and facilitation skill,
· Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
· Fosters working in teams & teamwork spirit, coach and lead staff.
· Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
· Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
· Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Understanding of the nature of the program and willing to travel and live in field site, with frequent transfer from site to site.
· Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
· Knowledge of Local Language
Desirable key qualities, Skills and Competences :
· Familiarity to local culture.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note : This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
· A chance to develop tangible experience.
· Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
How to Apply
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
· Applicants can directly submit their application on ethiojobs.net or [email protected] ( The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email , failing to do this will leads to disqualification)
· Applicants are advised to fill GOAL Ethiopia’s Application Employment Form which can be found at ( ) or from GOAL office/sites.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage