- Company: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
The Health Sector Transformation Program (HSTP) is a key component of the GTP and its primary objective is to improve the health of the population through the promotion of preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services through:
• Improving access to affordable health services; and • Improving the quality of health services
The HSTP prioritizes maternal and new born care, and child health, and aims to halt and reverse the spread of major communicable diseases such as HIV/ AIDS, TB, and malaria. The Health Extension Program (HEP) serves as the primary vehicle for the prevention, health promotion, behavioral change communication, and basic curative care. The HEP is an innovative health service delivery program that aims at universal coverage of primary health care. The program is based on expanding physical health infrastructure and developing health extension workers (HEWs) who provide basic preventive and curative health services in the rural community.
To assist with monitoring these objectives, Ethiopia has made considerable effort to generate reliable demographic data by conducting a series of demographic and health surveys (EDHS) which have been conducted in 2000, 2005, 2011, and 2016. The first mini-EDHS was also conducted in 2014 to measure the progress made after 2011. These surveys provided substantial information on fertility, family planning, contraceptive use, maternal and child health, nutrition and breast feeding practices, and HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
The Ethiopia- second mini-DHS Survey (EMDHS) 2018 is designed for measuring the progress of the health sector transformation goals set under the GTP. The EMDHS will provide progress informationonkeyhealthindicatorssince2016 EDHS. The 2018 EMDHS will be undertaken on a representative sample of women in the reproductive age group 15-49 yrs.
. Accountable to the Health Sys. RH Directorate;
· Takes responsibility to key in the data from the questionnaires using a Statistical data entry program (Computer applications);
· Develop, test, amend, and follow-up on compatibility and reliability of data entry screens using Census and Survey Processing software (CSPro);
· Works with another data entry operator to check listing of differences as part of double entry verification, and to make corrections resulting from these checks;
· Communicates the encountered problems to the senior survey coordinators for corrective action;
· Attends interviewer training to gain a thorough knowledge of the questionnaire;
· Records problems encountered and communicate these to the senior survey coordinators;
· Compares the results of the data entered with the data received from the field and analyzes observed differences;
· Compiles observed difference for each field team;
· Cleaning and analysis of the data
· Solving any data related problems
· Reports weekly technical progress report to the directorate
· Work different related activity as per the direction from the director of Health Sys. & RH
Term of employment : Contract for six months
Required number: One
Masters or above in Statistics/Bio statistics/MPH (Epidemiology) or Related Fields;
The candidate should have a proven experience of managing and analysis of large survey data;
Should have also a capacity of using different statistical soft wares;
A minimum of seven years relevant experience;
Experience with previous DHS is an addition.
How to Apply
N.B. Interested applicants can register in person or send their cover letter and non-returnable up-to-date CVs original and copy of your entire credentials document at the address given below within 5 working days from the first appearance of the announcement.
Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Human Resource Management Case team Office no 112
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted