|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College (SHMMC)|
|Job Title||:||Senior Expert Urban Management|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Monday, September 2, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Thursday, September 12, 2019|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College (SHMMC)
Position: Senior Expert Urban Management
• Act as the key point person on progress towards the system’s priority targets across the urban management, governance, and housing.
• Influences decision-making in urban management, governance, and housing to improve outcomes with system leaders (Ministers, agency and Bureau heads).
• Maintain focus on system goals and ensuring all stakeholders understand how their work relates to the overall strategy and the relevant performance indicators.
• Oversee the coordination between Regions, cities, towns, training institutions and the Federal Ministry Bureaus and agencies to ensure system alignment of efforts nationally towards the priority targets.
• Drive the use of and iteratively update the urban management, governance, and housing delivery plans which will specify the actions needed to realize the priority targets.
• Lead the gathering, analyzing and sharing of data to create a clear picture of urban management, governance, and housing delivery progress.
• Facilitate a cycle of regular monitoring routines (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly) to ensure the system is making progress against the plan and creating impact in the field.
• Build strong relationships with key staff in the Ministry and Regional Bureaus to provide support and reinforce accountability for specific initiatives and targets.
• Identify and support resolution of issues that hinder implementation and achievement of outcomes.
• Ensure that all key stakeholders are communicated with and kept fully informed on key developments and progress.
• Identify risks to urban planning delivery and offer recommendations to solve problems, escalating issues to leadership staff before they become critical and assist with problem solving in Regions.
• Build capacity and coach others to improve quality of output & outcomes – e.g. by providing training and presentations on elements of the Urban management, governance, and housing delivery approach
• Articulate and reinforce the urban management, governance, and housing delivery message and culture throughout the system.
• Inspire others by role-modeling the behaviors of the urban management, governance, and housing delivery culture.
How to Apply
• All Interested applicants can apply in person to the office of Human resource development and administration Directorate of St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College until 5pm local time of the 10th day counted from day of the first public appearance of this advertisement. Applicants should submit application letter, recent CV, and copy of credentials in a sealed envelope. They are strongly advised to remember to write their name, contact number St. Paul’s hospital millennium medical college (SHMMC) will retain its right to partially or fully cancel the recruitment and employment process.
• MA and above in Urban management, municipal management, engineering or related field,
• At least 10 year of relevant experience. Work experience in Government and international organizations
• Communication and presentation skills,
• Decision-making and International relations skills
• Interpersonal, Leadership and Mentoring, coaching and Team building skills
• Negotiation, persuasion, advocacy, networking, relationship building and stakeholder management skills
• Organizational skills (planning, budgeting, work prioritization, time management)
• Research, analytical and problem-solving and Strategy and policy development skills
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|