INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Senior Field Finance Officer (Re-Advertisement)
Country Office: Ethiopia
Work Base: Mekelle
Availability : As Soon As Possible
Salary Scale: EMS07
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Salary and other benefits : Gross Salary (ETB 27,000.00) with other organization benefits
Insurance - (Life, Group Personal Accident and Medical Insurances are covered upon the organization policies).
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 50 countries, our programs reached 17 million people in 2019.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions (Oromia, Somali, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz and Gambella) with a portfolio of 20m USD/year of emergency, resilience building, research and innovation programs. We have a country team of around 600 staff in 17 regional and satellite offices. Our main donors in Ethiopia in 2020/2021 are: BHA, ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, UNICEF, GFFO, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, CIAA and others.
I. Summary of position
The Senior Field Finance Officer Manage the base level finance aspects and maintain the base level finance aspects and oversee, manage daily program-wide accounting, and finance functions.
The Senior Field Finance Officer will be responsible for Budget Management, Treasury forecast, field compliance, and accountancy. Engagement: (The focus of interaction both internally and externally needed to deliver a service seek collaboration and build effective partnerships)
The role holder will ensure good relations with financial partners (bank, tax office, other financial service providers, etc.) and Provide base support upon request of the coordination office.
The Senior Field Finance Officer will validation procurement requests and confirm the budget availability and the requests are within the validated budget.
Validation of procurement documents makes certain the process is compliant and the completeness of supporting documents and check the approval of payment documents (unlike PV) before payment validation.
I. Essential Job Duties
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within the budget
- Support other departments in the process of budget management
- Remind program and support departments if any of any significant remaining balance on budget lines
- Put significant effort into the acceleration of consumption of forecasted budget
- Lead the process of BFU update during the monthly BFU session
- Check the forecasts are in line with the proposed budget
- Ensure proposed spending are compliant with the proposed activity and budget
- Produce high quality and timely treasury forecast on monthly forecast
- Produce the revised treasury forecast if any promptly
- Ensure the treasury forecast is in line with the updated forecast in the BFUs of the base
- Forecast cash flow positions and funds available for operation at the base level
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available in the base to meet ongoing operational costs
- Ensure the excess balance is managed properly
- Be a focal person for compliance in the base
- Ensure that the organization’s internal controls do exist and functional at the base
- Ensures that Action Against Hunger procedure, policy, and system are in place and functional at the base
- Alert the Deputy Country Finance Manager: Compliance & Audit and the Country Finance Manager in cases of breach of procedures and policies which might result in a risk for the organization
- Ensure the compliance checklist is well understood by staffs
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with minimum donor requirements and supported by relevant documents as per the standard supporting documentation guideline
- Review Memorandum of Understanding, Agreements, etc. which have a financial impact and ensure are reviewed and validated by Deputy Country Finance Manager: Compliance & Audit/ Country Finance Manager
- Ensure payment is effected using the validated templates
- Make certain donor information ( Donor Name, Donor Logo, and Project Title) are presented before any payment
- Ensure invoices received from supplier are translated to standard working language and date
- Ensure the Time Sheets produced are in line with the updated Financial Plan
- Make sure Cash Management Policy is respected
- Make sure other supporting documents like Beneficiary List, Donation Certificate, etc. are collected and delivered to the capital office
- Ensure statutory deduction (Pension, Income Tax, Withholding Tax) are paid within the same month of the transaction
- Provide sessions for non-finance departments to create awareness on compliance
- Make sure High Quality and Timely accountancy of the base is produced and delivered to the capital office
- Make sure transactions are charged on the appropriate budget line in the accountancy
- Make sure transactions are recorded on the appropriate Accounting Code, Project Code, Budget Code, and Budget Line
- Make sure transactions are described as per the standard transaction description guideline
- Make sure personnel costs are allocated in the accountancy based on the financial plan and timesheet
- Make sure personnel cost recordings contain the correct ID number and the full name of the employee
- Make sure the bundle is prepared and delivered to the capital on time
- Make sure hard copy documents are delivered to the capital on time
- Make sure action is taken based on feedback from capital
II. Supervisory Responsibilities
III. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries (women, men, children (boys and girls)) regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
IV. Fiscal Responsibility
V. Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
VI. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel regularly for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
I. Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Degree in Accounting or related fields with a minimum of 3 years proven experience in the field of Accounting & Finance.
II. Required Skills & Competencies
- Good command of the English language, Accounting software, Strong Analytical skills, Strong planning skill, Ability to forecast, Computer skill, Good oral and written Communication Skill, Decision making skill, Problem-solving skills, Ability to work to deadlines, Integrity, honesty, Professionalism, Team Work, Proactive, Motivational, and Autonomy.
- Fluency written and spoken in English required
- Knowledge of the local language Tigrigna advantageous
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “ Senior Field Finance Officer ” written in the subject line , and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Applicant will drop their document also physical address:
Action Against Hunger Mekelle Office,Adiawusi Sub City ,Kebele 8, Back side of WFP Office
Deadline: 01 April 2021
NB : Only short-listed applicants will be communicated and the s election process includes a technical test and an interview.
All candidates should apply online at https:// http://www.ethiojobs.net// Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.