About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the direct supervision of Health manager at Shire field office, the Senior Health Officer is responsible and focal person for overall implementation of health projects in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and supervision .Also the position holder is responsible to lead health team, facilitate and lead technical assessment for preparation of new project proposal.
Key Roles Responsibilities:
- Project Implementation
- Compile monthly progress reports submitted by health officers.
- In collaboration with health manager lead technical team on field assessment proposal writing and
- post project monitoring and evaluations.
- In collaboration with the Health Manager, design culturally appropriate RH/FP and STI/HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns
- Organize accurate and relevant RH/HIV content teaching materials for Health social workers, key groups, PLWHA, and mentor mothers.
- Design and conduct trainings/workshops on relevant RH/HIV topics for ARRA health professionals, Wereda health experts, PLWHA, peer educators and health social workers.
- Assist the Health Manager in collecting of correct and accurate monthly information regarding RH/HIV/AIDS implemented activities.
- Represent IRC in monthly coordination meetings at camp based with ARRA, UNHCR, Woreda health staffs.
- Responsible on preparation of detail activity planning, procurement and spending plan.
- Responsible for tracking the purchase request status related to the planned procurement plan and
- status in comparison with actual implementations.
- Responsible on revision and updating of detail activity, spending and procurement plans accordingly.
- Ensure budget activity lines are assigned well as per the description in the proposal.
- Communicate with the logistics about the status of goods/services which are raised in quarter PR.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- In collaboration with health manager monitor and evaluate the program activities and make sure that monthly & quarter indicators met or not.
- In collaboration with the health team, evaluate the effectiveness of the program and recommended changes in goals, objectives, interventions strategies, measurable out puts and time lines.
- Actively partake on recruitment, training, and manage health staffs.
- Responsible on drafting and reviewing health Officers job description, Key Performance Objective,
- feedback and coaching of supervisees.
- In collaboration with health Manger ensure timely performance review of health staffs .
- Ability to maintain team work with coworkers and ability to shoulder workloads in critical times
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Health Manager
- Position directly supervises: Health officers
- Internal: Closely works with all program and support staff so that to effectively and efficiently realize
- Overall organizational mission.
- Ensure strong linkages with ARRA, MoH, UNHCR, regional health bureau, regional HAPCO, and other implementing partners.
- Actively participate on health coordination meeting and other relevant meetings with implementing Partners and stakeholder.
- BSc Degree/ Post Graduate Degree in comprehensive nursing /Public health officer.
- 4 years of relevant experience for first degree holders.
- 2 years of relevant experience for post graduate degree in public health.
- Understanding of RH/STIs/HIV/AIDS issues.
- Working knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building techniques
- Understanding of issues related to gender & GBV.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating workshops and trainings.
- Basic managerial skill.
- Experience in refugee context of projects.
- Have good skill on program report writing skills.
- Well computer skills (office), Microsoft office, Excel, word.
- Strong inter-personal skills with a proven ability to work as a team member under difficult conditions.