As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 4 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP).
For our Human Resource Department in Addis Ababa, we are currently looking for the following professional:
Senior Human Resource (HR) Administrator
Under the supervision of the Deputy Human resource Manager, Senior HR Administrator is a focal person for timely support to all field bases to ensure capacity building, coaching, gap filling, facilitating to do performance appraisal and recruitment.
1. Provide Capacity building of the staffs and Base HR Administrator
- Organize information meetings with employees on the HR rules and procedures;
- Inform / Induct new employees and Base HR’s of the internal rules when needed and other employees;
- Train the Program manager’s managers on HR procedures;
- Give the managers the necessary information to allow them proper management;
- Receive possible requests and complaints from the employees and Base HR”s and inform the CHRM/DCHRM accordingly;
- Provide support to all HR on the bases;
- Assist the CHRM/DCHRM and capital base HR Administrators during meetings with the staff representatives.
- Contribute to the construction of the annual training plan of the mission, to its implementation and to its achievement report
- Identifying the training needs of the different bases during field visits and provide detailed field reports to the department.
2. Provide / Participate in the recruitment process
- Under the supervision of DCHRM and in collaboration with the bases’ HR Administrators/Managers:
- Plan recruitments and participate to recruitment interviews
- Support the base HR Managers in the implementation of the tools and procedures for recruitment,
- Ensure that the recruitment process is followed;
- Supervise and support base recruitments
- Ensure that all employee has an updated JD;
- Keep history file for all employees career development in ACF: promotion, salary evolutions, trainings
- Identify recruitment needs and recruit the team members
- Ensure all contractual documents are signed and are placed in the personal files during gap filling;
- Check contract dates and inform the supervisors of their expiry date ;
- Ensure that personnel files are up to date for every employee
3. Leading a follow up on Performance Appraisal of employées
- Ensure proper follow up of the procedures, implementation and respect of the annual appraisal planning
- Contribute on evaluating the performance and developing the skills of the team members
- Take part in the yearly appraisal process of all the mission: organise the planning of appraisals and support the HR base administrators, participate in the appraisal trainings, collect and compile the completed appraisals from all the bases
- Ensure to submit annual appraisal analysis timely to the capital level.
4. Gap filling /Coaching
- Receive the monthly reports form the bases and analysis the gaps and provide a planning that needs to be implemented with the CHRM/DCHRM.
- During the absence of a Base Human Resource Administrator /Manager, Senior HR Administrator will ensure that continued monitoring of the progress of recruitments, following / managing annual leaves, preparing draft databases and medical follow-ups. Contribute to HR Implementation gap identification and provide solutions for effective implementation and progress.
- In consultation with the CHRM/DCHRN participate doing the HR Hat.
- Participate in providing training to the base with CHRM/DCHRM.
- Coach/guide the Base HR Administrator/Manager not only during the integration period but also with the gap identified do on a job training,
- Guide/provide follow up with each Base Administrator/Manager on a two months base, address any remaining challenges/gaps identified, and provide a report to the department HOD/DHOD.
- For every field visit provide field visit report and action plan to be sent to the respective bases along with the follow up of detail objective.
- Produce monthly the update on the recruitment status from each of the Sr. Administrator has and follow up with the Base while based in Addis, and during gap filling the task will be shared with the other team members.
- Perform any related duties as assigned by line manager.
Educational Background: – Higher degree in Business Management, Management and Business Administration and Human Resource Management. Knowledge of Ethiopian Labour Law is mandatory.
Experience: – Minimum of 5 years professional work experience in Human resource Management role for NGO (Recruitment, payroll management and training & evaluation). Experience in coaching and team building; Experience in communicating HR results to managers; Experience of managing & supporting staff.
Skills Required: – Advanced skills in computers; Knowledge and experience of using database; Proactive; Professionalism, Good interpersonal skills and very good knowledge of English; Skills in coaching, training and developing staff.
Salary and Benefits: According to Action Against Hunger salary scale and Social benefits policy
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “ Senior Human Resource (HR) Administrator” written in the subject line, and two references, to the following addresses:
Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box
2357, (On the way to Meskel flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): or Through ; or Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Assosa, Gambella, Mega, and Hirna offices ;
“WOMAN APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED”
Only short listed applicants will be communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.