- Company: Millennium DPI Feteh Activity
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Position Title: Sr.HR Officer
Department: HR Department
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite Period
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
The Senior Officer for Human Resources Development undertakes Human Resource planning, recruitment, placement, Performance Management, develop and implement human resource development systems, policies and procedures to support the business needs of the organization, provide legal and operational advice, guidance, support and coaching to the Managers; ensure the presence of effective human resource development database system and documentation.
· Carries out periodic organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis; conduct and organize training based on the training needs assessment and as needed;
· Lead training and professional development needs assessment and analysis and ensure the provision of focused and precise development programs for CRS staff and partners; organize relevant training events to build staff capacity, in consultation with management;
· Perform job analysis and advice on job description development, Assist HR Manager in reviewing and ensuring that all phases of staff recruitment are conducted in an efficient manner and in accordance with CRS policies;
· Organize the periodic orientation for new employees and coordinate with other units to facilitate the process;
· Support the implementation of the country program human resources strategies; develop effective tools to assist in creating and optimal organizational staff development;
· Assist CRS Management in implementation of effective performance management system;
· Manage CRS/ET education Assistance as well the short-term training Policy program; maintain a tracking system of training received by staff to help ensure follow-up and to maintain fairness in allocation of training among staff;
· Review and recommend required changes and amendments to the HR manual as needed in order CRS remain complaint with law and competitive with peers in the humanitarian aid industry;
· Regularly review national staff compensation packages to ensure that salaries and benefits are competitive with targeted industry.
· Monitor the culture to ensure staff actions reflect CRS guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community, and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued. May serve as the CP focal point for Code of Conduct & Ethics and contribute to ensuring adherence and accountability to Safeguarding policies.
· Support record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
· Provide support to the Gender unit as per the specified Gender-HR action plan and as required.
· Support partners in strengthening to build staff capacity here requested.
· Perform other duties as instructed by HR Manager.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or Business Administration strongly preferred or equivalent relevant experience with completion of HR certification or courses.
· Minimum of five years’ work experience in Human Resources policies and practices, preferable with an international or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards
· Experience with capacity building, including training and mentoring as well as developing training materials.
· General knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Human Resource Management.
· Strong report writing skills.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent strategic and analytical skills and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound advice
· Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language : English, Amharic
Travel Required: up to 10-15%
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth