Ethiopia–Data Use Partnership (DUP) seeks to recruit a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist. DUP is a partnership led by Ethiopia’s Ministry of Health (MOH) to enhance collection, aggregation and use of high quality routine health information at different levels of the health care system.
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Position type: Local hire.
Duration of employment: 10 months.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks :
- Regularly update DUP’s results framework by collecting data from various relevant sources.
- Support documentation of project activities, results and impact through application of appropriate measurement strategies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Support use of data for program learning and adaptation.
- Continuously update the project performance monitoring plan per the project requirements.
- Ensure M&E plans are in compliance with donor standards and results framework.
- Support conduct of relevant research including implementation research.
- Establish and apply data quality assurance approaches to ensure the production and use of high quality data across the process of data collection, aggregation and reporting.
- Design and maintain a system to support continuous adaptive learning and management throughout the project’s lifetime, capturing results, lessons learned, best practices, success stories, and expected and unexpected results, and integrating learning through communication materials, publications, workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
- Support development of evaluation and implementation research reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- Organize need-based capacity building opportunities on M & E and related topics.
- Provide need-based technical assistance on M & E to MOH, RHBs and local universities.
- Advanced degree (PhD or Master’s degree) in monitoring and evaluation or epidemiology or demography or public health.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Amharic. Additional local language is an asset.
- Seasoned public health evaluator or researcher with at least eight years of professional experience leading and managing the monitoring, evaluation and learning component of an international development or donor funded project.
- Advanced expertise in M&E principles and state-of-the-art approaches to all phases of monitoring and evaluating health and/or development programs and visualization and presentation of data in accessible formats.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing rigorous M&E and learning strategies, frameworks and tools.
- Ability to contribute to both individual and institutional capacity-building efforts, including training, holding workshops and providing support and mentoring.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Ethiopia health system and health information system, including community based health information system.
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, conducting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience in developing reports, publications, and whitepapers, as the primary author.
- Previous experience working for Gates Foundation funded project is a plus.
Personal specifications :
- Ability to work independently and manage various activities on a daily basis with limited supervision.
- Ability to travel out of the duty station to support regions for about 40% of the time.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others including client representatives.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word, Data management and analytics including SPPS, STATA, EPI-INFO, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Excel.
How to Apply
· Qualified individuals interested in these positions can send their documents to the following email: [email protected]
· Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: " Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist [Name of Applicant]"
· All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any.
· Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references. Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your full names_ Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist.pdf”
· N.B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered. No phone calls please. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
· This vacancy is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
· Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.