ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised
·Manage the technical aspects of the CMAM programme including staff and budget management.
Assess the training needs of the CMAM team and conduct/ request for training as appropriate
· Co-ordinate the activities of each supervisor. Conduct appraisals of each supervisor’s work performance every three months.
· Report directly to the NPM ensuring that all problems are conveyed in a timely manner.
· Assist in nutrition surveys, which includes logistics, cluster sampling, organisation of the teams, survey methodology,
· With the supervisors, arrange the distribution and transport schedules and submit them to the relevant departments one week in advance.
· Ensure that the OTP, TSFP, BSFP and SC teams have all food and equipment that they require for each distribution.
· Ensure that the sub stores are correctly maintained for the safe storage of food and report.
· Ensure the accurate records of the stock are taken these include the type, source and location of food related to the programme.
· Monitor the effectiveness of the programme and report monthly on all nutrition activities. Submit the report to the DNPM by the 28th of each month.
· Prepare Monthly, quarterly and annual reports in collaboration with supervisors and zone representative.
· Collaborate with other programme sectors in sharing information and ideas ensuring that the implementation of the nutrition programme complements other emergency and development activities within the programme.
· Provide technical support and training where required to all team members.
· Generate ideas to strengthen the development of the nutrition unit.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Ability to cope with stress; hardship; patience and flexibility.
· Ability to effectively work with government, community leaders, international/national organizations, donors, partners and other International Medical Corps relationships.
· Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English. Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
· Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work.
· Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to read, analyse and interpret data and familiarity with nutrition surveys (Coverage, standard and KAP surveys).
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel and work in areas where the project is implemented
· Demonstrated experience and skills in ensuring community participation and gender issues in humanitarian programming
· Prepare detailed implementation plan and share with all woreda base staffs
· Ensure implementation of all health planned activities upon expected quality and schedule at all levels.
· Follow up of project implementation through organizing regular update
· Represent IMC in any meeting organized at project site.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
· Degree in nutrition, public health nursing and/ related training.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· At least 2-5 years’ experience of managing a CMAM programme or working in a supervisory role related to CMAM & IYCF activities
· Good understanding of SMART methodology for Nutrition surveys
· Experience with training of staff in CMAM and IYCF
· Ability to read and interpret nutrition reports
· Flexible with ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
· Experience in leading nutritional surveys using SMART methodology
· Good communication skills; Oral and written with fluency in written and spoken English
· Experience in Gambella area is a plus.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their updated CV and cover letter explaining their qualification and experience related to the JD prior to the application deadline of this vacancy announcement to the following address(s). Email Address: [email protected]
International Medical Corps – Ethiopia Country Office
Human Resource and Administration Department
· Send your e-mail with a subject ‘the post you are applying for’.
· Please don’t attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters with your application.
· Only Short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview and written test.