Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
Senior Project Accountant/Grant Officer
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian Development NGO established in 2005 and has been re-registered and accorded legal personality with registry number 0321 on May 17/2019 as local organization in accordance with the civil society organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019. ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote facilitate and build capacity for “disability inclusive development” in Ethiopia for the inclusion of persons with disabilities in mainstream government service delivery and in non-government organizations development programs.
ECDD is currently partnering with CBM Germany to implement Skills project in various regions of the country.
ECDD would like to recruit on Senior Accountant/Grant Officer Position who fulfills the following requirements:
Description of Tasks:
The ECDD Senior Accountant/Grant Officer reports to the ECDD Admin and Finance Manager and maintains Budget Monitoring Reports, Cash Flow Statements, Cash Flow Forecasts, and other books of accounts prepared in conformity with ECDD’s Finance Policy, donor’s and Gov’t requirements. And also ensures that all donor fund transfers and accomplishments are met as planned.
· Participate with the project team on Developing proposal and preparing activity budgets
· Participate on plan revisions and preparation of accelerated plans
· Manage and monitor the budget(s) utilizations on monthly basis with BMRs ensuring adherence to the ECDD policies and donor requirements
· Ensure proper filing of all project documents both in hard and soft copies
· Participate with project staffs while conducting capacity assessments/monitoring visits on DPOs
· Follow up the timely transfers of fund for projects by donors
· Disseminate any information on compliance issues and requirements
· Provide account codings on documents and follow up the timely posting
· Review and verify/check the payment requests from petty cash, purchase fund or check payments and ensure the timely replenishment of these funds so that sufficient cash will always be available on the hands of the cashier.
· Prepare monthly payroll, and follow up the timely liquidation of taxes and pension to the concerned government body, and provident fund deposits in PF bank account.
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual Projects Financial Reports and Budget Monitoring Reports
· Prepare financial statements - cash flow statement, statement of cash forecasts, Budget Monitoring Reports on monthly, quarterly, semiannually and (with Balance sheet) annually,
· Get them audited after the year end closing of books of accounts
· Make surprise cash counts with a project staff in unevenly manner and takes corrective measures for any gaps
· Follow up the timely preparation of check payments and Journal vouchers, postings, bank reconciliations
· Support on orientation and induction processes for new staffs.Any related tasks whenever assigned by the Admin and Finance Manager
· BA in accounting, Management or related field of studies
· At least 5 years of previous experience in project accounting and grant management
· Proficiency with computer software - Peachtree Accounting, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Proven communications and interpersonal skills
· Teamwork, gender equality and disability awareness
· Previous experiences in organizations working on disability is a plus
Qualified individuals with disabilities, especially women, are encouraged to apply. ECDD gives priority to qualified individuals with disabilities. ECDD will meet any and all required disability adjustment costs to enable individuals with disabilities to meet job requirements.
How to Apply
Fill the ECDD Job Application Form by clicking on the link http://www.ecdd-ethiopia.org/vacancy-list/384-ecdd-application-form.html .
Submit with your application letter and CV only, combined them together then convert it into PDF format. the file not more than one MB (1MB)
*** The filename uses your full name
*** write the vacant position in the Subject area.
NB. No other attachments are required at this stage. Please send only the ECDD Job Application Form after filling in the required information.
via or by e-mail to [email protected] or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the ECDD Office – Meskel Flower Road behind Dreamliner Hotel, Tele: +251-114-165859 or through p. o. box 1530 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Relevant documents will be requested after screening.
Deadline: Ten (10) Working Days following the posting of this announcement