- Company: Catholic Relief Services – CRS
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Tigray Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
You will coordinate and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the Emergency cash programming project objectives advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project coordination skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
· Support implementing partners to ensure CRS guiding principles, programme quality standards and donor requirements are met throughout cash transfer implementation.
· Ensure adherence to humanitarian standards, principles and best practices.
· Ensure programmatic and operational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are in place for cash assistance, and that all team members and partners are aware of their responsibilities and implement accordingly.
· Work closely with CRS implementing partners to ensure beneficiary registration and selection is conducted in line with agreed processes, and with close coordination of local authorities.
· Ensure appropriate records of beneficiary registration, information and assistance received are kept, with good data protection practices in mind.
· Ensure recipients of cash assistance are informed in a timely manner of how and when they will receive assistance, and that project objectives are clear to local stakeholders.
· Oversee the timely distribution of cash assistance to targeted beneficiaries, including timely preparation and approval of recipient payment lists.
· Work closely with finance team to obtain timely financial records of cash distributions and accurate payment of any service provider fees.
· Ensure timely follow up for recipients who do not collect or withdraw cash assistance and address any challenges
· Maintain an up to date detailed implementation plan and follow up on implementation status regularly with CRS’ implementing partner
· Support the relevant CRS staff to liaise with service provider/s to ensure timely delivery of assistance, and trouble shoot any issues that arise.
· Ensure accountability, gender equity and protection principles are mainstreamed in all steps of the project cycle.
· Identify protection issues, challenges in implementation, and advocate for appropriate responses.
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning
· Work with MEAL and Emergency PM to develop relevant implementation and monitoring tools required for quality programme implementation.
· With MEAL, Emergency PM and partner, ensure relevant and timely monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken with recipients of cash assistance to build an understanding of how people are using assistance provided, priority needs and to identify and address any challenges.
· Ensure regular price data collection monitoring, distribution monitoring and post-distribution monitoring
· Ensure a feedback mechanism in place and any feedback received from recipients and non-recipients in relation to cash assistance is logged by the relevant staff and followed up in a timely manner.
· Carry out regular data analysis and review of project data collected through onsite and post activity monitoring, price data collection, and accountability feedback systems
· Regularly update key stakeholders on progress and challenges.
· Ensure that all project documentation is well organized.
· Conduct regular visits to support implementing partners
· Ensure timely technical support is provided to partners to respond to the capacity gaps identified during visits.
· Establish a working relationship that fosters dialogue with the partners and in which partners contact the PM when issues or questions arise.
· Inform supervisor when issues arise with a solution focused approach and take the lead in ensuring the resolution of those issues in a timely manner.
· Ensure field trip reports to support the partners contain detailed information about the results of the trip and planned next steps
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· MA/MSC or BA/BSC Degree in business management, accounting and finance, economics and related filed
· 2 years relevant experience for MA or 4 years relevant experience for BA degree including at least 2 years of experience in cash programing.
· At least two years of experience on cash programing.
· Experience working in emergency or recovery programming.
· Experience implementing cash and voucher programs.
· Understanding of key concepts related to humanitarian cash transfer programming, including knowledge of different delivery options, market analysis and monitoring.
· Experience working with implementing partners and understanding of key partnership principles.
· Experience in using digital/technology in programme monitoring and data collection
· Proven ability to write quality reports meeting donor requirements.
· Committed to gender and conflict sensitive programming.
· Must be able to prioritize multiple work demands and work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
· Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
· Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders, and to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings. Representation abilities.
· Ability to contribute to written reports.
· Presentation, facilitation, training skills.
· Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
· Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Serves with Integrity
· Models Stewardship
· Cultivates Constructive Relationships
· Promotes Learning
CRS Emergency Competencies:
Each CRS staff member working in emergencies is expected to have the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
· Communicates strategically under pressure
· Manages stress and complexity
· Actively promotes safety and security
· Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs
Required Foreign Language:
· Working language – English
· Fluency in Tigrigna is an advantage
· Travel within Tigray (minimum 70% to field locations)
· Based in Mekele, Ethiopia
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.