The Specialist will be responsible for the overall strategic planning, coordination and technical guidance to quality improvement activities of health and nutrition services. S/he will be responsible for working on the national policy stage and support the development of quality higher education. The Specialist will also work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure data quality. S/he will establish and maintain close and effective liaison with the staff of global partners and country programs to facilitate flow of information concerning quality improvement programs and to stay abreast of current trends.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Nutrition Adviser
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Lead the overall strategic planning, coordination, and technical direction of quality improvement activities of the project
- Provide technical assistance to integrate quality into the project nutrition and livelihood components
- Provide technical assistance to regional project staff, Ministry of Health staffs and USAID feed the Future partners to main stream quality into nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive livelihood programs.
- Working closely with Nutrition Adviser, s/he will support Nutrition related material development and trainings to regional staff and government counterparts.
- Provide technical assistance to Ministry of Health on QI related annual/periodic planning, material development, supportive supervision visits etc…and advocate within the ministry for PHCU level QI implementation.
- Incorporate quality improvement and nutrition technical advice for the development and implementation of BCC tools, materials, and media tools.
- Provide technical assistance to livelihood team to integrate quality improvement into selected schools and farmer training centers of the project
- Working with the monitoring and evaluation adviser to ensure progress is being achieved towards nutrition targets
- Developing approaches for strengthening the quality improvement capacity of the regional project Nutrition Mangers and Zonal Coordinators and regional bureau of health staffs
- Ensure that a system of documentation of changes in QI is established to track achievements and develop recommendations for future implementation
- Ensure that QI best practices shared/ disseminated to all project supported health centers and health posts
- Ensure that QI process is integrated at scale into the health and nutrition services at health center, health post and community levels to strengthen quality of nutrition service delivery
- Provide technical support and close follow-up to Growth through Nutrition CO technical team including cross-cutting areas (gender, convergence/layering and learning), regional teams and government staff to build their capacity in QI related issues. He/she particularly supports field team to implement recommendations derived from field visits, QI operations research and project evaluations
- Ensure linkage and partnership with USAID nutrition projects and other nutrition partners
- Share learning and updates using project knowledge management platforms
- Ensure that all project national level nutrition documents, data, and other information required for program strategic planning and reporting are prepared and submitted on time and in compliance with the requirement of USAID
- Responsible for the budget utilization of national level quality improvement activities
- Work closely with Ministry of Health seconded staff and the Nutrition Advisor in helping implement health sector roles of the NNP
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically
- Build and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and eternal partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take discipline risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum First Degree in Public Health; preferably Master’s in Human Nutrition
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in developing, managing and implementing quality improvement system for nutrition or health programs in developing countries;
- Experience working in both nutrition and quality improvement
- Knowledge and hand-on experience of quality improvement process, providing QI technical leadership/support to a Ministry of Health;
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situation with excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
How to Apply
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.