MassDel is a services marketplace on a mission to transform the delivery and services market by seamlessly connecting service seekers and providers through an innovative technology platform. We are looking to hire a senior researcher/methodologist to work on various company projects. The researcher/methodologist’s main duties include aligning methodologies with research goals, conducting fieldwork and tests when required, using a range of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings to management and other stakeholders, and others.
- Design and write research proposals by applying valid scientific techniques.
- Consult on proposal and study design, guiding project teams on the best approach and techniques to address clients’ research objectives and add-value
- Develop experimental and other study designs, and analytical methods.
- Design sampling technique and sample size appropriate for each research type or objective.
- Develop research methodology, data collection tools, and data collection plan,
- Contribute to and participate in field material preparation and training of field teams.
- Collaborate with other researchers and consultants in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys.
- Determine and specify details of research projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of instruments and materials.
- Produce documentation of the study instrument development process, data collection methods, sampling designs, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting.
- Monitor and evaluate field research progress and performance.
- Review, classify, and clean data in preparation for computer analysis.
- Train field researchers on research protocols and tools.
- Write training manuals and protocols for field researchers.
- Prepare data analysis plan.
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
- Report results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Interpret and analyze data using appropriate statistical and qualitative data analysis software or support interpretation and presentation of research results in a visual and impactful client-friendly fashion
- Write research reports and present findings to clients and other stakeholders
- Follow a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
- Respond to research questions, troubleshooting problems, develop and write advanced research protocols, and monitor ongoing projects and propose and implement changes.
- Propose techniques to improve research quality and team productivity.
- Prepare data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Adapt statistical methods in order to solve specific research problems in many fields.
- Evaluate sources of information, statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability; and ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Provide strategic consulting on complex quantitative projects
- Guide study design, including sample plan, questionnaire, etc.
- Support design and execution of advanced analysis plan, including performing different statistical analysis required
- Stay up-to-date on the latest analytical techniques and their relevant applications; and share them with internal teams, as well as clients
- Undertake other related tasks as assigned by management
- Master’s Degree and above preferably in research, statistics, economics, data science, operations research, monitoring and evaluation, public health, or other relevant disciplines
- CGPA of 3.4 and above in BOTH undergraduate and post-graduate programs.
- Broad quantitative and qualitative research expertise
- Some years’ work experience in consultancy, monitoring and evaluation, project management, capacity building, knowledge management, research, and so on advantageous.
- An understanding of new and innovative methodology including new data collection mechanisms and remote options for gathering information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English language is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability with statistical modeling, experimental design, research design, sampling, clustering, data reduction, confidence intervals, testing modeling or predictive modeling
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programs, as well as advanced-level MS Office skills
- Able to communicate the most complex analytics and results in a clear, understandable approach, written and verbal, to both internal and external clients
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized, able to consult on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and have an analytical mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritization, able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys problem-solving, group brainstorming, and other innovative thinking.
How to Apply
Salary and other benefits will be negotiable, and the position will be based in Addis Ababa but may involve travel to the regions and outside Ethiopia.
Interested applicants who meet the above minimum requirements can send their applications, resume, and non-returnable photocopies of their credentials, including diploma and student copy, and others to: [email protected] or [email protected] . All applications should be received until November 5, 2020 . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.