|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)|
|Job Title||:||Senior Restoring Family Links Officer|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, January 15, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Thursday, January 21, 2021|
Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
Job Title: Senior Restoring Family Links Officer
– Work unit: RFL, Under Disaster Risk Reduction Department
– Reporting to: Restoring Family Links Coordinator
– Terms of employment: Contract for one year.
– Place of Work: Addis Ababa
– Grade: X
– Salary: 11,450.00
Key performance areas
• Involve and contribute in planning, directing, coordinating and controlling the overall RFL operations of the Society;
• Undertakes and facilitates in the coordination all RFL technical issues like collecting, sorting, dispatching, exchanging and tracking the statuses of tracing requests, Red Cross Messages (RCM’s), safe and well messages, handle Health and Welfare cases, handle BBC tracing request,
• Assists in networking with stakeholders within and out of the Movement and communicate the stakeholders in relation to the restoring family links service technical matters;
• Processes and follows up all incoming, outgoing and domestic tracing cases and forward updating information to national society and branches respectively;
• Handles all family tracing cases, provides counseling services to beneficiaries at the HQ level and technical support to branches tracing officers and focal persons in the area of Restoring family links case management;
• Performs the process of reviewing, identification, registration and sending of BBC tracing requests,
• Prepare Monthly phone call service and other tools statistical data and submit to the Restoring Family Links coordinator,
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annually activity progress and the financial utilization standard and quality report for ERCS in Ethiopian calendar and ICRC in Gregorian calendar using the specified reporting template which satisfy the demand of the partners
• Gather relevant data from branches and HQ RFL units and create quarterly, or semiannually, or annually RFL newsletter and success story of family reunification and other RFL best performance,
• Design, coordinate and facilitate different RFL trainings and workshops with the due consideration of the report preparation of the training and workshop progress,
• Develop a minimum quality standard project proposal on RFL and related areas in need of humanitarian interventions response such as victims of migration, victims of human trafficking, RFL in emergency and on other related areas to address the most vulnerable
• Undertakes close follow-up the procurement and distribution of tracing logistical facilities to RFL priority branches;
• Facilitate the piloting and the implementation of the new RFL tools at the field level when it is designed as an emergency response,
• Takes part in the good functioning and management of the unit and branches in particular by supervising, coaching and training the staff carrying out RFL activities at HQ RFL unit and branches tracing officers, focal person and volunteers and / or social workers;
• Analyzes branches performance and RFL work case load against allocated budget and proposes balanced budget-activity match to be transferred to branches as well as ensuring proper quality control and (internal) reporting system in place;
• Assists the activities to upgrade the level and quality of RFL service of the Society, in standardized quality and easily accessible way;
• Takes part in ensuring the necessary manpower deployment for RFL operation of the Society in the right profile and number, to priority concern branches;
• Assists in providing technical support to branches & the tracing personnel of the Society;
• Registers all restoring family links services beneficiary data in designed database management system which is designed for that specified purpose,
• Facilitates in piloting and the implementation of applying the new RFL tools at the field level when it is designed as an emergency response;
• Ensures adequate treatment, follows-up and filing of all individual cases according to established procedures, including full respect for the consent of beneficiaries, best interest, confidentiality and protection of beneficiaries;
How to Apply:
• We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to [email protected] before the closing date of this announcement on Jan 21st, 2021.
• Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
• Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.
• First degree and above in Disaster Risk Management, Social Work, Sociology, Social Anthropology Social Psychology, Applied Psychology.
• 6 years’ work experience, out of which 1 years in protection service area preferably in Restoring Family Links Service.
Other skills & Competencies:
• Practical knowledge of computer skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment with a minimum supervision and meeting deadlines without compromising qualities.
• Willing to abide by and respect red cross/red crescent principles and values understanding of and commitment to ERCS mission, values, strategies and programming approaches.
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 11450.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 11450.00|