Job Description of Senior System Analyst seconded to MoH:
Number of positions : One
Duty station: Health Information Technology Directorate (HITD) at Ministry of Health (MoH) (Addis Ababa)
Job Summary: The Senior System Analyst will be responsible for preparing specification requirements for system development after analyzing the existing systems at supported project sites, support system documentation, monitoring eHealth solutions development and implementation.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop system analysis tool and undertake systematic system analysis for HIS projects in MoH
· Conduct a workflow analysis, offer implementation roadmaps, and define optimization strategies
· Provide support to the MoH in planning, designing, developing, or upgrading of the EMR and other software systems
· Support the MoH in development of training and deployment plan of the system and support during deployment of the system and trainings
· Undertake documenting and tracking application development and production technical flow, setting standards, implementing controls, and following procedures to maintain systems
· Support in the development of detailed and comprehensive system requirements on all aspects of patient and information flow, interoperability, data collection, aggregation, analysis, use, and reporting
· Coordinate and undertake in-house/field testing of the developed HIS projects and document and provide systematic feedback to the programmers
· Participate in developing data validation rules to be followed during data collection and software customization or development.
· Participate in development of system documentation
· Identify any gaps between system requirements or end-user needs and the existing /newly developed electronic systems, including but not limited to EMR, and provide support to enhance the system accordingly
· Support the refinement, publishing, and familiarization of minimum standard for the upcoming EHR/EMR solutions at different levels
· Support the interoperability of the current EMR with the different modules of EMR-ART and other relevant systems
· Support the registration, approval, documentation, and governance of the multiple digital health systems that are going to be managed centrally.
· Support in development of training materials encompassing both ICT (hardware and software) and health program monitoring
· Participate in different HIS technical working groups (TWGs) and support the FMOH and RHBs in development of strategic information and other areas as required
· Provide technical assistance in adopting eHealth standards to facilitate information system interoperability.
·BSc in computer science, computer engineering, or other health-related fields and Master’s degree in Software engineering, ICT, or health informatics
·More than 10 years of experience in the health sector with more than six years directly working on health information management, including HMIS, EMR, or other patient monitoring systems
·Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Ethiopian health system and health information systems in general
·Ability to lead and produce results with a strong knowledge of results-based management
· Strong oral and written skills in English and Amharic
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – November 28, 2021