Shelter Engineer support the implementation of Shelter projects with the aim of reducing risks for affected populations in the areas of displaced or migrated people. The Shelter Engineer is both expected to be able to give specialized technical support, conduct situational analyses in the field and take sectorial leadership. Cooperation and coordination with local governments, donors, and other NGOs a vital elements as well as being able to do financial priorities and reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised)
· Act as focal point to shelter issues and liaise with relevant actors in different stages of shelter program /project implementation to follow up on agreements and recommendations.
· Support Shelter Coordinator in assessment and preparation of beneficiaries list, prepare photo file record both in soft and hard copies
· Participate on meetings regarding shelter activities as advised by the supervisor;
· Study and understand Government’s directives for conditional Shelter/NFI distribution procedure, DUDBC drawings, DUDBC training manual, National Building codes and any other relevant guidelines on shelter construction
· Assist Shelter Coordinator in assessment and verification of beneficiaries and preparation
· Shelter Engineer in participating on shelter cluster and update the report for Shelter Coordinator & Senior National WASH Manager
· In close coordination with Addis logistic and Shelter coordinator, facilitate transportation of shelter/NFI materials
· Provide weekly reports and input to the Emergency Shelter Sector Coordination forum on progress and results of interventions and activities.
· Guide and supervise technical and support staff, and ensure that training needs are met.
· Contribute to the budgeting process and give inputs to the financial management of the program on technical areas.
· Comply with IMC Code of Conduct, policies and procedures, and Security and Safety Protocols.
· BSc in Civil Engineering, BSc. In Public/Environmental health science, or Water resource Engineering with 4 years’ experience or Advance diploma Civil or Water resource Engineering
· Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to IDP and returnees situations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on August 22 nd , 2019.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note : IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.