- Company: FHI360
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Short Term Consultancy-Designer
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Family Health International (FHI360) has been implementing the Household Economic Strengthening Activity (HESA) since July 2014 with financial support from USAID. One of the key deliverables of this Activity is the development of the National Economic Strengthening Guideline (NESGLs) for Vulnerable Populations. To this end, in collaboration with FHAPCO, MoLSA, MoWCY, FUJCFSA, the technical working group (TWG) and USAID’s guidance and leadership, FHI360 had successfully developed, launched and cascaded the NESGLs and Household Economic Vulnerability Assessment (HHEVA) tool for vulnerable populations.
In 2019, FHI360 is closely working with FHAPCO, MoLSA, MoWCY, FUJCFSA and IPs in standardizing and operationalizing the economic strengthening approach, enhance GOE’s capacity, ownership and leadership in Economic Strengthening (ES).
To achieve this objective, FHI 360 is looking for a graphic and layouts designer consultant for Amharic translated NESGL with a total of 94 pages who fulfills below listed scope of work and requirement and responsible to deliver designed guidelines for printing.
Scope of work for Designer
- The graphic and layout designer develops the overall layout and production design for Amharic National Economic Strengthening Guidelines;
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts;
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material and discussing them with FHI 360/HESA and/or Technical Working Group (TWG) and making necessary changes and incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design;
- Develop graphics and layouts for NESGLs content illustrations, charts, tables;
- Collaborate internally with FHI 360 to conceptualize and execute creative solutions that can be translated across the whole document;
- Working with a wide range of media and emerging technologies, including photography, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Adobe InDesign;
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and selecting style and size of type;
- Submitting finished copy and art layout for approval.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree including, Art/fine art, Communication design, Media arts, Print and digital media management and Visual communication and design or relevant certificate or diploma in graphics design;
- Proven competence in desktop publishing tools, design and image processing software, i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign automation;
- Three to five years of experience as a graphic designer in a major publishing outlet with demonstrated experience in layout and creative services including color separation;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- The consultant should be able to present (sample) at least three designing and layout-based projects that have been monitored or evaluated in the last two to three years.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Amharic is required
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through HREthiopia@fhi360.o rg before/on May 15/2019
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.