Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM in Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The project is currently seeking qualified Short-Term Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) Specialist to be based at central GHSC-PSM office with intermittent travel to ART sites. The specialist is responsible for providing technical support for the implementation PMIS in ART sites in Addis Ababa and regions. The specialist will work to coordinate the PMIS implementation workplan and responsible for timely collection aggregation, analysis, report preparation and dissemination of the PMIS findings for decision making. Please see the criteria below and the SOW for details information.:
Duration of assignment
- March 01, 2021 to September 30, 2021
Level of Effort and Location
- This short-term position will be based at central GHSC-PSM office and with intermittent travel to ART sites, sub cities, and regions.
The short-term Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) specialist will report directly to the GHSC-PSM HSS FS manger and will closely work with assigned central level GHSC-PSM specialist of PMIS.
Annex 1: Scope of Work (SOW)
Short Term GHSC-PSM Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) Specialist
Global Health Supply Chain Program- Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global and local collaboration to improve availability of health commodities
The GHSC-PSM short-term Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for the implementation Pharmaceutical Management Information System in Addis Ababa ART sites and selected ART sites in regions. The goal of PMIS is crucial for generating regimen data and ARVs consumption related information that guides individual patient treatment follow-up, adherence, commodity forecasting, procurement and distribution, program implementation, and related supply chain and patient level interventions. The short-term PMIS Specialist works to coordinate the PMIS implementation in health facilities and responsible for timely collection aggregation, analysis, report preparation and dissemination of the PMIS report findings for decision making. She/He will also analyze and produce quarterly reports from the result-oriented health supply chain and pharmacy service supportive supervision data for performance monitoring and supply chain decision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) for ARVs, promote multi month dispensing (MMD) and decentralized drug delivery systems for ARVs at ART sites.
- Provide support to ART sites on recording, documentation and data quality problems of PMIS at ART sites
- Support the distribution of PMIS tools to all ART sites and keep a database of health facility that received PMIS tools
- Provide site level support and assessments on PMIS implementation to strengthen real time dispensing, pharmacovigilance and adherence counselling.
- Support Addis Ababa City Administration health bureau and sub city health offices on site level support, monthly PMIS data collection and aggregation
- Collect, aggregate, analyze and prepare monthly PMIS report of health facilities collected from regions and indicate the status of new ART initiatives such as MMD from PSM supported sites
- Analyze and produce quarterly reports from the result-oriented health supply chain and pharmacy service supportive supervision data conducted by the field support staff for performance monitoring and supply chain decision.
- Support the triangulation of the dispensed-to-user data from the ART pharmacy with the consumption data on the report and requisition from of health facilities.
- Conduct data triangulation of the ART PMIS data with the ART clinic data in terms of regimen, number client and other parameters
- Develop indicator based PMIS implementation maturity profile for PMIS implementing ART sites across different quarters and visits to monitor the progress of implementation.
- Support the digitalization of the manual PMIS tool with eAPTS
- Contribute for the development of PMIS implementation sustainability strategy and PMIS M&E document
- Support the evaluation of the implementation status of PMIS
- Compile regular reports to present progress and objectives achieved in the PMIS work plans.
- Document and share success stories and best practices on PMIS implementation.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the project policy manual.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, supply chain or related fields; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical management information system (PMIS), health supply chain and pharmacy services system strengthening or related field; USAID experience preferred.
- Significant experience in system strengthening of the Ethiopian public health supply chain management and pharmacy service, with experience related to HIV/AIDS program.
- Proven experience in providing technical assistance to public health supply chain, PMIS and pharmacy services system strengthening activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners in implementing complex programs.
- Skilled in actively working in high-performing teams and independently deliver result
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the regions of Ethiopia.
- Fluency in English required.
- Has certificate of competition on ART trainings/TOT
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply
To apply, please use the following link to submit your application including updated curriculum vitae: [email protected] Please specify the Short-Term Pharmaceutical Management Information System (PMIS) Specialist as the subject line in your application and submit no later than February 05, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.