The German Leprosy and TB Association, Ethiopia(GLRA-Ethiopia) in collaboration with the MOH and the Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) will conduct a study entitled “Chemoprophylaxis for leprosy: comparing the effectiveness and feasibility of a skin camp intervention to a health center based intervention: An implementation trial in Mozambique, Ethiopia and Tanzania”.
The aim of the project is to contribute to interrupting the transmission of M. leprae by identifying the most effective and feasible method of screening people at risk of developing leprosy and administering chemoprophylaxis in Ethiopia, Mozambique and Tanzania.
- Actively involved on SkinAPP validation study.
- Take history for dermatology.
- Perform systemic physical examination relevant for dermatological conditions.
- Assessment of laboratory results
- Provide medical service in Bisidimo Hospital
- Evaluate and manage the common diseases in dermatology and have a broad idea on how to approach uncommon diseases.
- Participated on all skin camp intervention program of the project.
- Manage dermatological emergencies like severe leprosy reactions, drug reactions etc.
- Provide onsite mentorship for health workers at health center.
- Willingness to maintain a team based working atmosphere in different activities of the Project and Bisidimo Hospital
- Willingness to solve problems without any reservation.
Employment Type :
- Fixed term for two year
Study Location :
- East Hararghe zone, Bisidimo Hospitalwith frequent travel to project implementation woredas, Oromia region.
- MSC in Clinical Dermatology from a recognized university.
- Experience in conducting and coordinating field work related to health research and hospital service
- High competency in English
- Training in GCP and quality control/assurance (preference)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send their CV and application letter to email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written exam and interviews.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline will be August 30/ 2019 5pm.