Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Supply Chain Specialist for Country Office who will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain & Administration .
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Establish Departmental Systems and Controls Leading towards Operational Excellence (20%)
- Identify and establish systems that will bring departmental efficiency in collaboration with various stakeholders and at all levels
- Contribution to the broader departmental level strategy as well as specific strategy on assigned areas indicated in the heading
- Contribute and coordinate the department’s operational plan
- Develop standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Develop checklists for standardized departmental processes
- Provide technical input in the development of various SOPs and Manuals
- Create a centralized database management systems for the department that enables complete and easy retrieval of important documents for various purposes and stakeholders
- Organize periodical meetings with stakeholders and department staff for performance review, collecting feedback and others
Ensure Departmental Compliance in line with Donor & PIE Policies and Procedures (25%)
- Ensure compliance to donor and organizational policies
- Follow up and implementation of audit actions
- Advice on the various grant rules and regulation and monitor transactions to ensure compliance at all times
- Conduct logistics compliance checks on country and field offices
- Provide technical support to other departments on compliance issues
- Participate in the preparation and final review of donor proposals and reports where required
- Check a sample transaction monthly to ensure donor compliance – typically high value purchase/tenders, flights, assets etc.
- Scrutinize selected procurement processes in all fields and in Addis for its correctness and IRC and donor compliance.
- Conduct monitoring visits to field locations meeting with the various department staff
Define, Compile and Analyze Departmental KPIs and Performance Monitoring (25%)
- Collaborate in defining departmental KPIs, reporting mechanisms
- Coordinate the timely submission of periodical reports to the CO
- Compile received reports and conduct analysis of departmental performance at all levels against KPI and report to Management periodically
- Identify and track improvement actions plans and design systems and tools to carry them out
Field Support and Capacity Building (20%)
- Actively engage in emergency response start-ups: rapid assessments, operational setup
- Coordinate and fulfil gap filling requests
- Travel to field offices for compliance monitoring, addressing compliance related bottlenecks, taking part in investigation processes as assigned and others
- Develop annual training plan of the department
- Develop capacity building training on policies, procedures, systems and processes
- Take part and contribute to the identification, assessment, capacity building & support, monitoring and coordination of partners
Subject Matter Expert for Supply Chain ERP System (10%)
- Provide technical support to staff in resolve ERP bottlenecks in liaison with GH/RH
- Collaborate with GH and various SME of countries to get up-to-date on changes and requirements in the ERP System
- Collaborate with other SMEs within PIE in providing induction and capacity building trading and refresher training to new jointers and existing staff
Safeguarding Childen and Young People (safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Leadership and BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International’s purpose.
- Set high standards for self and others’ behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with poor performance quickly, firmly and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, helping people work well together, to reflect and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and developing others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained and helping them develop their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
BUSINESS management COMPETENCIES
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organising, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation and programme and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing, and digital working, including personal digital skills
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education at BA Degree level or equivalent vocational study in fields such as Supply Chain Management/Logistic Management or related field of studies
- 7 (seven) years relevant work experience
- Certification on Supply Chain Management
- Additional experience in supply chain is a plus
- Experience in preparing and submitting business cases
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
The closing date for the application is April 12, 2021 .
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.