- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
About The IRC
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectorial emergency response.
The Supply Chain/Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of procurement functions for IRC’s office. The position holder will procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring good practices and maintaining audit-compliant records. You will ensure that all purchases of goods and services are done transparently, at the best available price, and in compliance with IRC and donor procurement policy and procedures.
- Working closely with Procurement Manager, Assistant Supply chain coordinator, and other internal and external partners, you will effectively plan and support program implementation by:
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data market information and data to enable effective procurement planning
- Preparing and implementing procurement plans following related IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis to ensure value for money in procurement.
- Responsible for implementing procurement plan and strategy and ensuring all procurement needs are met on time in line with GSC and donors’ standards, the role holder will:
- Support the development of procurement specifications
- Process approved Purchase requisitions through the procurement software ensuring data accuracy.
- Initiate and process Request for quotations (RFQ) and Request for proposals (RFP).
- Train and certify procurement committee members and participate in tender meetings and evaluations.
- Prepare bids analysis and other bidding documents for approval.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented.
- Review procurement documents for accuracy before taking payment for approval.
- Collaborating with all departments by Coordination with finance, grants and program to ensure smooth and timely procurement
- You will lead the contracting process so that the terms and conditions, and contracting procedures as provided by Global Supply Chain are followed.
- To achieve this, you will:
- Prepare and executing contracts for recommended bidders
- Timely renew qualifying contracts and Master Agreements.
- Execute contracts against set performance indicators
- The role will lead supplier relationships and performance to ensure that Suppliers adhere to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and that there is precise record keeping. This includes:-
- Maintaining suppliers files and documentation
- Monitoring and documenting supplier performance
- Maintain supplier performance score cards.
Compliance and Ethics
- You will assist in identifying and analyzing compliance risk in procurement processes and in implementing donor rules & regulations for all procurements by:
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Providing consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags across the procurement value chain
- Implementing corrective action plans (CAPs) in response to internal and/or external audit queries
- You will support timely and accurate reporting by:
- Preparing and submitting accurate monthly reports to the Procurement Manager on time.
- Supporting with developing and updating the procurement plans (assigned) as required.
- Submitting monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Submit periodic procurement tracking report for specific Grants that you are assigned to.
Team Leadership and Development
- Setting procurement team members’ objectives
- Documenting training needs
- Ensuring that all procurement staff and counterparts are trained to standard
- Key Working Relationships:
- Position directly supervises: Drivers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal : Regular relationships with program staff, Operations staff and country Supply Chain staff at all levels
External : Vendors and Services providers.
- BA degree in Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field
- 3-4 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Procurement)
- Experience working with NGO preferred.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices
- Proven success as a procurement leader within supply chain including planning, procurement and logistics
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience in procurement plans, strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent skills in conducting market analysis and sourcing strategies.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure
- Good mathematical skills.
Method of ApplicationExternal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Internal Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.