Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Supply Chain Project Insight Advisor
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Definite Term for One Year
Reports To: Deputy Country Representative for Operation
Application Deadline: January 26, 2021
CRS is implementing an Oracle Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning system, called “Insight” within the agency. The web-based, real-time system will help to give more visibility and controls of daily operations. The Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) Unit is working closely with the Project Insight team, which leads the overall project and IT management of the roll-out, to implement Insight where it’s needed and to support and train CRS supply chain staff who will use the software.
As a member of the Country Program Operations Team, the Insight Advisor supports country program to prepare for Project Insight. The Advisor functions as Supply Chain Insight Lead for Ethiopia and coordinates and liaises with CRS Ethiopia Insight Lead (HoOps) and Insight area Leads (HR, Finance, ICT), country main office and field offices. The Advisor will coordinate with the Insight Lead (HoOps) to ensure adequate approach to Project Insight preparations and deployment.
The SC Insight Advisor helps CRS Ethiopia to manage the Supply Chain aspects of Project Insight system implementation. The SC Insight Advisor will be instrumental in the preparation, implementation, and support of Insight. The SC Insight Advisor will be fully responsible for the implementation of Insight SCM modules in CRS Ethiopia which includes 1) collecting data for Insight configuration and liaising with HQ and Regional Office to ensure proper configuration, including participating in system testing; 2) strengthening supply chain organizational structures and processes for CRS Ethiopia (main office and sub-offices)as preparation for go-live; 3) training relevant supply chain, operations, and programming staff on the supply chain modules in Insight to ensure that they are ready for go-live; and 4) provide hypercare support to country’s other Insight areas that are live in Insight and implement “train the trainer” exercises to expand the pool of support experts in the Country Program.
This position requires an independent self-motivated and analytical individual who can work with varying stakeholders. The position requires at least 25% travel to the field to ensure project insight is properly and effectively implemented and staff are trained. The position reports to CRS Ethiopia’s Head of Operations (HoOps)
- Holistically manage the rollout of Project Insight as CRS Ethiopia SC Insight focal point
- Develop a schedule for education sessions as a part of the Project Insight learning program.
- Create and post learning materials in coordination with key stakeholders; if/when necessary, facilitate translation of materials. Host events/sessions as appropriate
- Manage SCM workstream tasks within the project workplan to make sure that all staff at the country program can deliver on technical, functional, and training deadlines, and that all roll-out activities are well coordinated.
- Be the primary point of contact between the CRS Ethiopia and GSCM and the regional SC Insight Advisor for all SCM aspects of the Insight deployment planning and implementation.
- Responsible for regular updates on project status, challenges, and solutions to regional, Insight, and GSCM teams.
- Host regular on-site and/or online meetings regarding readiness activities. Schedule stakeholder groups to address critical topics in line with the project plan. Create and post readiness activity instructions, templates, and guidance materials in coordination with relevant stakeholders and Project Insight colleagues in HQ
- Actively pursue two-way communication and feedback loops through regular surveys, addressing questions and concerns as a standard part of meetings with Insight stakeholders
- Collaborate with other change management team members in the region and HQ to conceptualize, design and create change management resources that support CRS Ethiopia country program and staff, e.g., go-live readiness guides and manager toolkits.
- Stay abreast of overall Insight progress and project status
- Serve as Acting Insight Lead, as requested
Data Collection, Configuration, and System Preparation
- Review CP’s SCM operations in their entirety, organization structures, processes, vision and business need in order to recommend process improvements and design solutions and create an action plan to implement all needed activities before system go-live.
- Collect data on key local design elements and structure, as well as all relevant transactional documents. Work with the GSCM team to ensure correct configuration for CRS Ethiopia.
- Participate as a reviewer in the preparation of policies, procedures, and guidelines, based on system needs and key organizational changes, to support system implementation.
- Monitor a dashboard to track the completion status of readiness activities by country programs
Training and Hypercare Coordination
- Liaise between Global Supply Chain Management, Project Insight Project Management team, Regional SC project insight team, CRS Ethiopia Insight Lead and all relevant Country Program staff to ensure common
- understanding of proposed system designs, associated training requirements, and potential for errors or need for intensive support (hypercare) during go-live.
- Organize onsite and remote training for the field staff in coordination with the Insight Lead
- Leading up to formal trainings, organize and facilitate meetings, and presentations to sensitize, educate, and prepare staff for SC Insight
Provide trainings for CRS Ethiopia SCM staff.
- Ensure quality hypercare support is consistently applied.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with application end-users and management to continuously improve their user experience
- Provide ongoing support for the technical aspects of Insight
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Support, and as requested, provide Project Insight trainings with other Insight Area Leads
- Contribute to cross-team meetings, planning and editorial processes
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant discipline required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in one or more operations functions.
- Strong knowledge of business processes and policies in Finance, Human Resources, or Supply Chain.
- Experience in capturing knowledge and learning and communicating this to various audiences using different means/tools.
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision.
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Strong communication, presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and results oriented.
Travel Required : 25% travel supporting sub and field office
Language Requirements : Proficient writing and speaking in English and Amharic are required.