- Company: Frontieri Consult P.L.C
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
About Frontier i
Frontier i is a renowned research and development consulting firm based its Head Quarter in Addis Ababa. We undertake different consultancy works and projects in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of research and development services and analysis that strengthen different development programs, organizations, and policies. Our services cross-cut all development sectors including agriculture, rural development, education, health, economic growth, energy, and social protection. Our clients includes/but not limited to UN agencies, multilateral and bilateral organizations and Governmental Ministries.
Frontier i is a company for talented people with different backgrounds and perspective and we have gathered competent professionals and in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking Survey Director with high level of consultancy experience enthusiasm, and resilience.
Summary of Key Functions:
· Provides leadership and direction for a wide variety of large survey projects;
· Provides strategic direction in order to align its services and mission with the overall vision of Frontieri;
· Manages and evaluates survey work activities, projects and programs; assists staff with resolving difficult and complex problems; develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards; renders administrative decisions where interpretations are necessary;
· Directs the planning, supervision, and allocation of resources;
· Serves on panel that selects consultants; negotiates fees; assembles project team; reviews and approves the scope, schedule, cost, terms and quality of consultants’ work;
· Lead and coordinate survey implementation process for different projects under close supervision of the division;
· Design appropriate research methodologies, survey methodology, sampling determination, tool preparation sample selection for different surveys;
· Apply innovative approaches and new techniques in terms of technology usage, and data analysis software for different qualitative and quantitative surveys;
· Prepare Survey implementation guideline, Field supervision guideline, and quality assurance and data management framework; and evaluate the projects accordingly;
· Prepare quality, detail and efficient survey plan and route plan for the field team to be deployed;
· Provide technical and conceptual training to the field team, conduct the pilot test, provide the valid comments on the instrument and research objective;
· Demonstrates extraordinary client service by fulfilling all client requirements within the accepted standards of time, cost and quality;
· Concatenate the data with different software, prepare do files for different variables;
· Design programing and scripting with Cspro, Survey Solution, Survey CTO and ODK;
· Produce different tabulation in different variables to analyze the data;
· Analyze data in STATA, SPSS, INVIVO and ATLAS.TI software;
· Ensure confidentiality of all data, reports and proposals;
· Lead the documentation and dissemination activities of lessons learned;
· Represent the organization in workshops and meetings;
· Accepts responsibilities in different shifts, both outside normal working hours and during official holidays, if required by the organization;
· Write and develop the quality proposal to generate the revue of the division ;
· Design data quality plan and management strategy ;
· Rebrand firms positive image by representing in different international and national seminars, meetings, workshops and meetings.
· MA/MSc in Economics, Statistics, Development studies, sociology or related fields;
· + 10years of Survey Management, Data Management, and Project Management experience across various socio-economic fields, practically in consultancy services;
· Advanced coursework in a discipline related to surveying and/or professional certifications are desirable.
Technical and Other Skills
· Demonstrated history of managing and successfully working with people from diverse backgrounds and areas of technical expertise is required;
· Ability in coordination of project and Survey implementation;
· Ability of working in an organized manner;
· Ability to build teamwork and delegate tasks;
· Ability of meeting challenges and generates suggestions for improving work;
· Sense of responsibility and ownership;
· Excellent analytical skills;
· Ability to work with advance SPSS,STSTA, INVIVO and ATLAS.TI software;
· Ability to do scripting and program design through Cspro, Survey solutions, Survey CTO, ODK etc.
· Proficiency in verbal and written English language;
· Proficiency in computer skills;
· Additional local languages (Oromiffa, Tigrigna and Somaligna is a plus );
· Abilities of working in tight environment to make things happen within the deadline;
· Demonstrated success in creating collaborative relationships with various government and non-government organizations.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronteri Consult P.L.C
CMC, around 200 meter from St. Michael Church towards Megenagna Road
In the building where Oromia Cooperative Bank and Lion International Bank is located, 8th floor
Tel: 0116 47 95 17/0116 479778
Closing date of application: Thirty /30/ working days from the date of announcement.
Qualified female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.