Under the supervision of Education officer/school director, the teacher is responsible for assuring quality teaching and learning processes implemented at schools and Child Friendly spaces also closely working with parent-teacher associations, school management committees, and other community members.
Job Specific Roles:
The job holder is responsible for assuring quality teaching and learning processes implemented at schools and Child Friendly spaces also closely working with parent-teacher associations, school management committees, and other community members. and he/she will:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure a safe learning environment for education program.
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected.
- Register children for enrolment to the program, and monitor attendance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Collect enrolment and attendance data and report to school director/supervisor.
- Facilitate daily, weekly, monthly and yearly lesson plan for teaching and learning processes.
- Ensure the school program has a yearly schedule and appropriate activities plan display.
- Ensure that students are present for scheduled sessions, track absences, and arrange for substitutes.
- Ensure that children’s participation and input form the basis of education activities.
- Contribute to school development planning, and follow-up of co curriculum activities for students, taking into account their skills and abilities.
- Ensure to include lessons on promoting children’s health, nutrition, and hygiene.
- Manage the feeding program for children.
- Be a positive role model and resolve conflicts that arise regarding the school Program or the Child Friendly Canters.
- Ensure that all games and equipment are accounted for, in good condition, and stored securely at the end of the day.
- Communicate and collaborate work with Child Protection team in the camp.
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to update the children status in teaching and learning progress in the school and keep the performance of the children.
- Measure students performance based on the Continues Assessment Test.
- Take part on inter class and outside academic competition.
- Prepare exams that are relevant and standard for the children.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
- Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- In order to be successful you will bring/have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/ Degree in teaching.
- Three years’ experience in teaching
- Good command in written and spoken English and Somali language
- Good communication skill
We offer a competitive package in the context of the role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.