The FHN Team Leader Will be Part of the advisors team of CSD/FGAE to provide strategic, technical and programmatic support to FGAE FHN sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services and rights (SRHR) including Family Planning and CAC, STI/HIV. s/he will Coordinates and Works Collaboratively with the FGAE work units and teams, functional units with Area offices/AOs, Regional Health Bureaus (RHBS) and other relevant partners in enhancing comprehensive, integrated, Gender Responsive, Quality sexual and Reproductive sexual Health( SRH) services in private and public health facilities in particular. Moreover the Team Leader provides high-level technical assistance, including clinical expertise to the FGAE clinical services department, (MNCH team ,Quality and project teams, AOs, Clinical and program coordinators and SDPs of public and private sectors including staffs all levels and other relevant FGAE department/units, in all matters pertaining to social Franchising Family Health programs, as it relates to Comprehensive, Integrated, Gender Responsive and quality SRH services. s/he will work with relevant team of professionals to develop/update/adopt SRH related policy/strategy/guidelines, Sops, tailored SRH Job aids and radio and TV spot messages and ensure proper implementation. s/he will provide capacity building trainings; follow up of trainings, mentoring/coaching to social franchised private, public and workplace service providers, s/he also support in organizing, conducting and facilitation of SRH related performance review meeting and quality assessment supportive.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Program Planning, coordination, Management and implementation:
- Represent FGAE/CSD and participate in program designing, planning, management and implementation of the SFHN programs through provision of high level expertise to FGAE/CSD by working in close collaboration with respective teams under the clinical and other directors /team leaders of FGAE
- Coordination of social Franchise activities in respective area office and SDPs
- Expand and scale up of the SF brand to increase access to integrated gender sensitive and quality SRH service.
- Coordinate and strengthen the referral linkage of the SFHNs with FGAE clinics and the public health facilities
- Provides Technical support for the implementation of consolidated annual work plan and priority areas on maternal health /SRH services, including the design and implementation of initiatives of SFHN
- Make Technical Review and inputs to FGAE FHN Programs and SRH strategies Guidelines, manual s and other documents and interventions
- Coordinate and oversee the SRH component of FHN activities by providing technical support focusing on providing quality service to all; assist the implementation of the consolidated annual work plan for strengthening support to FP,CAC,STL/HIV, Adolescent and youth health service and Maternal Health (MH) with special focus on Underserved, Vulnerable Populations and Adolescent and Youth.
- Provide technical advice and oversight on clinical standards and practices of QOC in comprehensive, integrated gender responsive quality SRH services, including infection prevention, to be in accordance with the national standards, guidelines and protocols.
- Support the FGAE in SRH service integration of with other services, such as CAC,FP,HIV counseling and testing, management of sexually transmitted diseases, GBV, Cervical Screening and other related services, including adolescent and youth services.
- Provide substantive technical advice and advocacy on SRH FHN programs to high level FGAE high level leadership, other relevant government sectors stakeholders.
2. Capacity Building
- Identifying skill gaps and training needs of private, public and work place health facilities engaged in SFHN programs by conducting training need assessment and create capacity within the FHNs and at all levels of the health system
- Availing/Ensuring Quality , Complete & affordable SRH/FP commodity , equipment & supply as per the obligations of the franchisor/FGAE in signed MOU
- Build technical and program management capacity of public and private to provide effective technical leadership on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FHN/SRH program
- Provides technical support to enhance technical capacity on training, mentoring and supportive supervision to private, public and work place health facilities engaged in SFHN programs on comprehensive, integrated, gender responsive and quality SRH services; including infection prevention, pain management ,post abortion contraceptives, quality of care(QOC) and other SRH areas. And FGAE/IPPF Clinical standard.
- Support other teams within area office including clinical supervision, training , marketing, procurement ,research and metrics, and document best practices.
3. Service Provision and QOC
- Strengthening Partnership networking with private and public health facilities
- Strengthen Quality assurance system at private health facilities
- Strengthening & Scaling up SRH service to private and public facility
- Support the Area office in Assessment and identification of the potential franchisees as per the guide line
- Ensure That MoU is signed with selected Franchisees & relevant GOs health sector
- Ensuring and strengthening that the minimum SRH services are being Practiced and implemented in all franchised FHNs as per the SFN program SOP
- Monitor and ensure that the quality of SRH services delivered by the Franchisee Clinic in line with National technical guidelines and FAMILY GUIDANCE ASSOCIATION OF ETHIOPIA (FGAE) service delivery standard
- Maintain and follow up the required quality standard of the franchisor as per the manual
- Support the development, production and distribution of IEC/BCC materials, Radio & TV spot messages and ensuring their availability at FHNs and utilized for creating awareness in health seeking behaviors
- Shall undertake a regular compliance monitoring visit to ensure that the Franchisee clinic is working in accordance with FGAE SRH compliance requirements and provide feedback when necessary;
- Support and ensure the Branding of the franchised clinics, equipment, supplies and other important documentations affected after 6 months of the agreement signed.
- Work With other CSD teams and Advisors/officers and the FGAE training unit to adapt, standardize and adopt training materials basic training materials /comprehensive FP, comprehensive Abortion Care /CAC/, and other SRH service for service providers clinical and program coordinators to include relevant updates.
- Facilitate and contributes to standardization and capacitating FGAE and Private Facilities as per the ES A (Ethiopian standard authority).
- Monitors and Documents the appropriateness and effectiveness of FGAE service delivery strategy in social Franchising and partnership with public and private sector health facilities by aligning to national SRH strategy
- Encourage on timely reporting on minor and major complications arising with the social franchise networks
4. Monitoring and evaluation and use of data for Decision
- Ensure the availability of recording, reporting and referral formats, guidelines, manuals at the FHNs
- Support and strengthen the AOs and SDPs on organizing and availability recording materials at franchised family health networks, collect and submission of quality report on key performance service indicators including provision of regular feedback
- Follow Up and ensuring that quarterly review meetings, SS/Mentoring visits and QoC assessments conducted by respective AOs and FGAE SDPs to FHNs
- Support the AOs and SDPs in monitoring and reporting on social franchise performance against set Key performance indicators and donor requirements
- Plan, implement ,monitors and supervise the social franchising activities of the area offices and selected SDPs and provide regular feed backs
- Works with the knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and research team at FGAE in all matters related to SFN programs and facilitates information use for action..
- Provides technical guidance and support to identify, document and disseminate evidence based best practices and case /success stories in relation SF programs
- Prepare Periodic reports of programmed results on SFHN and support dissemination of results including by project reports, publications, summaries and special reports.
- Make analysis of data and show improvements on changes on material health /SRH services of the SFHNs, and disaggregated data of the AOs to identify the disparity within AOs and SDPs, Provision of regular feedbacks and facilitate use of data for decision.
- Facilitate the inclusion /entry of new franchisee units into DHIS2 and reporting of service statistics timely by AOs following proper franchising process.
- Prepare and submit quarterly ,biannual reports on social franchising program to CSD and donors including financial reports by working in close collaboration with finance focal person and M&E focal .
Carries out other duties as appropriate and as assigned by immediate supervisor at FMOH, and FGAE
Education : MPH/MSc Public Health, MSc Nursing/ Health Management
Experience: 5 years of experience, which 3 years experience after masters degree ; the position holder shall possess progressive experience in managing and coordinating the implementation of SRH program and mentorship of service provision. Not less than 2 of these years must be in the service delivery Arena.
Desirable: – He/she must come with sufficient knowledge of workings in the NGO sector the SRH situation at national and regional levels. Experience in quality management, M&E is an added advantage. Computer skill in relevant software desired.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Human Resource and Organizational Development Division
P.O. Box: 5716
Apply through ethiojobs.net
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
For more Information about the Association , please visit http://www.fgeet.org