JOB TITLE: Team Leader for Immunization and COVID-19 Survey
LOCATION: Addis Ababa and Oromia
REQUIRED NUMBER: 4
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract for 2 Months
The team leaders will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all team activities, including determining enumeration area (EA) boundaries, household listing, participant recruitment, screening and enrollment, data collection, and management of study data and records. Each team leader will be managing four interviewers. Team leaders will conduct daily monitoring of the quality and quantity of data collected in the field; provide weekly reports to the Central Coordinator on survey progress; and supervise, monitor and evaluate field staff and their activities in accordance with survey SOPs. Team leaders will be responsible for QA/QC issues of data. The team leaders will also assign data collectors to EAs; dispense and keep track of tablets and technology equipment; organize field transportation of EA team; ensure availability of all data collection materials; identify households of the EA with the data collectors; facilitate collection of data; advise the data collectors on problems encountered in the field; and review and verify the quality of data collection.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate all activities at the project enumeration area (EA) and ensure administrative and logistic issues are addressed
· Arrange for the reproduction of listing materials (listing manuals, sketch mapping forms, hardcopy backup forms, pens, stickers)
· Identify boundaries of the EA in collaboration with the interviewers
· Determine segmentation needs of the EA and consult the Field Coordinator/Central Office
· Draw a detailed sketch map of the EAs
· Assign selected households to interviewers
· Monitor interviewer performance with the aim of improving and maintaining the quality of the data collected
· Close supervision of interviewers and editing of completed interviews are essential to ensure that accurate and complete data are collected
- Coordination of all activities in assigned enumeration areas and ensure administrative and logistic issues appropriately addressed.
· Edit all completed questionnaires in the field
- Organize data collected from all enumeration areas and submit to central office
- Independently manage the logistics required to conduct the survey (questionnaire, PC tablets etc.)
· Take charge of the team vehicle, ensuring that it is kept in good condition and that it is used only for project work
· Ensure teams have adequate questionnaires and stationeries for the daily field work
· Explain objective of activity to local officials
· Arrange financial issues for local guide
· Supervise data collection to verify protocol is followed, including skip pattern and complete questionnaire format
· Address any challenges faced by field team.
· Become familiar with the area where the team will be working and determine the best arrangements for travel and accommodations.
· Contact local authorities to inform them about the survey and gain their cooperation.
· Obtain all monetary advances, supplies, and equipment necessary for the team to complete its assigned interviews.
· Must be of good health as the field work may demand extensive travel on rough roads.
· Address any challenges faced by field team.
- Communicate problems observed needing central office intervention.
- File weekly progress reports.
· Ability to communicate in local language is preferable.
· Arrange social and health referral services for the victims of violence
- Adhere to and ensure team members adhere to COVID-19 mitigation strategies at all times
· Participate in and support the team with all required COVID-19 testing
· Conduct team member screening for COVID-19
- Coordinate quarantine and isolation for team members as needed for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure
· Ensure safe and appropriate transportation is used by team members
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
A Master’s degree in health, demography or a related field
- At least five years of supervision of field teams in population based surveys
- Familiar with fieldwork in large surveys.
· Experience working with Android tablets and the internet; comfortable with basic Android devices functions of navigation and data entry like ODK, able to use the internet and email.
· Ability and willingness to stay in the field for the project period.
· Ability to complete questionnaires with accuracy and reasonable speed.
· Ability to in setting priorities and identifying when central support is required
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic or Oromiffa as appropriate and basic math skills
· Experience in household listing activities and/or managing/supervising such activities
How to Apply
- Only online applications are received
- Click here to apply https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495498/team-leader-for-immunization-and-covid19-survey
- NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Closing date for receiving applications is -09.12.2021