|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Team Leader, Herd Health|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, January 15, 2021|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, January 29, 2021|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Team Leader, Herd Health
• Lead research on animal health in livestock systems in developing countries, including identification of animal health constraints to improve animal health
• Lead the testing and development of models of delivery of animal health services
• In collaboration with other research teams, lead and manage the development and implementation of multi-locational animal health research projects
• Build collaboration with teams working on food safety, zoonoses, antimicrobial resistance, animal feeding, genomics, and diagnostics and vaccines
• Collaborate with a wide range of partners including research institutions, government agencies, NGOs and private sectors to enhance research activities
• Publish research findings in papers, technical manuals and briefs, policy briefs, other communication products, peer reviewed international journals and maintain expert recognition in one or more subject areas
• Lead and contribute in proposal development and resource mobilization
• Perform any other related duties as may be required.
Post location: The position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Terms of Appointment
• This is position is at job level HG 20 and it is open to both national and international applicants. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to Apply:
• Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 29 January 2021.
• The position title and reference number: TL/12/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
• We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
• Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
• To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
• PhD in an animal health or relevant discipline with strong experience in veterinary service delivery
• At least 10 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience and a proven track record in research in animal health.
• A sound understanding of health issues in livestock systems in developing countries.
• Extensive experience of working in the field, preferably in developing countries.
• The ability to provide scientific leadership and manage a research team.
• The ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and a proven record of collaboration.
• A proven ability to mobilize resources.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||Pay Scale|