|Company||:||General Job Post Account-16|
|Company Name/ Contact Person||:||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)|
|Job Title||:||Technical Assistant II|
|Date Posted/Updated||:||Friday, July 12, 2019|
|Application Deadline||:||Friday, July 19, 2019|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Position: Technical Assistant II
• Provides general laboratory services supports (e.g., running and cleaning equipment such as distiller, autoclave, freezer, etc; storage of samples, monitoring use of equipment, etc) to staff working in feed and forage laboratories
• Ensure laboratory areas are always kept clean and tidy
• Assists in the calibration and in the preparation of instruction sheets for equipment
• Assist in organizing laboratory and greenhouse facilities and equipment maintenance
• Assists in compiling information for the procurement of laboratory equipment and supplies
• Ensure safe handling and storage of laboratory supplies
• Assist in ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the laboratories
• Work with the supply chain unit (e.g., store) to assist delivering supplies and new equipment to the lab
• Assist with routine laboratory and greenhouse activities as agreed with supervisor and/or gene bank manager.
• Provide office assistance to program team
– Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
– Job Grade: HG 8
– Monthly Base Salary: Birr 7,500 (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate).
– Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for three year with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
How to Apply:
• Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: TA/31/19 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 19 July 2019.
• To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
/>• Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• High school certificate
• One year relevant experience
• Good understanding of laboratory techniques/facilities
• High level of cleanliness and ability to carefully follow standard operating procedures
• Understanding of the use of PPE needed for laboratory work
• Effective communication in English, both written and oral
• Knowledge in specific field and use of simple tools and equipment
|Education Level||:||High School Graduate|
|Min. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 7500.00|
|Max. Monthly Salary||:||ETB 7500.00|