Wetlands International is dedicated to safeguarding and restoring wetlands for people and nature. We are driven by the knowledge that safeguarding and restoring wetlands is urgent and vital for water security, biodiversity, climate regulation, sustainable development and human health. Our global not-for-profit network of 20 independent offices is governed by a Supervisory Council and a Board of the Association of 35 national government and non-governmental organization members. We bring knowledge into policy and practice, connect local actions in 100 countries to make a global difference, we catalyse actions that support those that use or depend on wetlands, and we are passionate about the positive change we make for people and nature.
Wetlands International has been active in Ethiopia since 2010. Currently, Wetland International is implementing various projects (Climate Resilient Flyways (CRF), Partners for Resilience (PfR), Sustainable Water Fund (SWF), Sustainable Agricultural Water management (SAWM-SDC) and EU-Devco in the Central Rift Valley and the Fafen Catchment in central and eastern Ethiopia. These projects are implemented with a range of stakeholders, such as the Rift Valley Lakes Development Office (RVLDo), Ethiopian Wildlife Conservation Authority (EWCA), Meki-Batu Small Holder Cooperatives Union, Joytech Fresh, Acacia Water, World Waternet, Ethiopian Wildlife and Natural History Society (EWNHS), HoAREC, Red Cross, Cordaid and the relevant Kebele, Woreda and Regional government bodies.
The Finance and Administration Associate, working closely with the project staffs at the Country and Ziway Offices, is responsible for human resource administration and the management of all financial transactions of the organization, for data entry and encoding and making authorized payments revision and other clerical tasks for the various projects.
The incumbent will collaborate with the project team in the field and head office staffs and provide a comprehensive and effective financial, administrative service to the Addis Ababa and Ziway offices. The Finance and Administration Associate will assist the Wetland International Ethiopia team in ensuring that the Country Office is provided and well supported in all areas of Finance & administration, contributing to the work efficiency of the organization.
- Work on financial proposal development
- Work on VAT payment documents and prepare claim sheets.
- Keep complete and accurate documentation.
- Assist and support the Program Manager on Financial, HR and administration issues.
- Collaborate closely with project staff and partners.
- Work on salary and pension documents
- Work on all legal requirements related to finance and HR.
Type of Contract :
- Fixed Term
Duration of initial contract:
- 1 years initially, including a probation period of 3 months, with a possibility of extension.
Reporting to :
- Programme Manager
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in accounting or financial management with at least 3 years of experience or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office packages and/ or other accounting systems
- Experience with Ethiopian government and various donors’ VAT reporting systems.
- Experience in administrative activities in a busy office environment and compiling monthly information.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Amharic language.
- Ability to manage filing systems quickly and systematically.
- Use of excel, word processing, email is a requirement.
- Experience with Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Ethiopia is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of NGO’s financial and HR systems
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to produce standard, accurate and well-documented reports;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Knowledge in Excel and other computer applications
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae, (mandatory)
- A motivation letter including one-page summary of experience (mandatory)
- Current and Expected Remuneration including Benefits (Mandatory)
- Names and contact details of three professional referees (Mandatory).
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by emailing your application to HReastafrica@wetlands.africa.org with copy to email@example.com no later than 25 September 2019.
THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MUST BE MENTIONED ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MOTIVATION LETTER.
Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.