Christoffel Blindenmission (CBM) is an International Christian Development Organization committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. CBM describes its vision as seeking to build and promote an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. CBMs approach to achieving this is ensuring that all development interventions they implement are disability inclusive. Disability inclusive development focuses particularly on the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities. It actively seeks to ensure the full participation of people with disability as empowered self-advocates in all development processes and emergency responses and works to address the barriers which hinder their access and participation. CBM’s approach is also strongly influenced by its Core Values.CBM has been operating in Ethiopia since 54 years, supporting government partners, as well as local organizations, faith-based institutions and NGOs in addressing the needs of persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. Based on its wide experience, CBM has engaged in various sectors, namely Eye Health/Prevention of Blindness, Trachoma, Inclusive Education, Inclusive Livelihoods, Physical Rehabilitation, Community-Based Inclusive Development (CBiD), Ear and Hearing Care and Humanitarian work.
The purpose of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) training is to provide an informative learning event where staff can:
- Improve their understanding of M&E concepts, enabling them to manage and participate in the assessment of programme performance in CBM programme operation model;
- Reflect on the harmonization of evaluation methods and processes in the programme;
- Define actions and work for the organization of the monitoring and evaluation function; and
- Create a shared understanding of how to measure impact through use of practical approaches to improve the use of M&E data in programmes decision making.
- CBM Country Office staff
Scope of work
The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and provide expert input on workshop sessions in M&E.
- To facilitate in the design, preparation and facilitation of the meeting
- To facilitate the drafting of workshop agenda to ensure the accomplishment of the purpose of the training
- To continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally.
- To assist in detailed feedback and edit draft workshop report including lessons learnt and outputs.
- To provide advice in improving M&E visit reporting template
The consultant is expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Pre-training: Draft, submit, revise (if necessary), and finalize the design, substantive material and method of the training including pre-and post-training questionnaire;
- Facilitating the workshop.
- Updated M&E reporting template
- Post-training: Following up from the workshop (with CBM Ethiopia) and recording the conclusions including Action Plans.
- Workshop Programme based on participatory methodology
- Detailed guidelines and expectations for all participants
- Successful facilitation of the workshop
- Technical advice and support to participants during the workshop
- Detailed feedback on the whole workshop final report
The full task is expected to take a total of 5 working days in July, 2021
- Education: University degree (statistics, Environment, social sciences, development economics or a related discipline);
- Minimum Seven (7) years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the Development / Environment and Conservation sector of which at least two (2) years at the coordination level;
- Proven technical skills in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, including experience with complex programmes and experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data;
- Strong skills in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, analysis and performance monitoring;
- Excellent facilitation skills;
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Must be fluent in English
How to Apply
All applications should include the following:
- Le tter of expression of interest
- Technical proposal: This should include, at a minimum:
- Consultants’ profile with particular emphasis on previous experience on similar trainings in Ethiopia (or other countries in the region)
- Description of the proposed training approach and methodology, including understanding of the ToR and the tasks to be accomplished
- Proposed work plan including the expected level of effort and number of working days.
- Financial proposal which should:
- Be clear and demonstrate outputs
- Be inclusive of all costs required to render the services and achieve the deliverable of this ToR
- Copy of Tax Identification Number (TIN)
E valuation will be carried out according to CBM International’s procurement guidelines and only successful applicants will be contacted.