Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
Terms of Reference
To revise Disability Mainstreaming Manual for inclusive Health Service
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) is an Ethiopian Development Organization established in 2005 and reregistered at Agency for Civil Society Organizations as Ethiopian development Organization with Certificate no. 0321 under the Proc. No. 1113/2019.
ECDD is working with other organizations to promote and facilitate the inclusion of persons with disabilities and disability issues in mainstreaming service delivery and development programs envisioning an Inclusive Ethiopia; where persons with disabilities exercise the same rights and have access to the same services and opportunities enjoyed by other citizens.
ECDD is implementing a project “Promoting Disability Inclusive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Right” with the support of the Packard Foundation to increase access and utilization of SRH services among persons with disabilities through building the capacities of institutions, key decision makers and SRH service providers, Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) workers and persons with disabilities and their organizations.
ECDD is looking for a competent consulting firm/Individual consultant to revise the Disability Mainstreaming Manual, which was done ECDD and MoH in 2017.
· Revise the existing disability mainstreaming manual and spot out areas for improvement with proposed recommendation
- Potential bidders shall propose a plausible methodology for the intended service.
· Revise the manual based on the current situation of disability inclusion, Sustainable Development Goals and the Second Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP II, 2021–2025).
· Prepare guideline for the implementation of the manual
· Prepare checklist, which helps to monitor and evaluate implementation of the manual
· Prepare presentation slides on the newly incorporated manual contents and developments
· The consultant should submit the final revised manual in English and Amharic both in hard and soft copies
1. Job Requirements
Consultancy firms as well as individual consultants having the following competencies/skills and capacities, are eligible to apply for this short-term consultancy service.
· At least six years of working experience in the health sector of Ethiopia, preferably in disability mainstreaming
· Having a minimum of MA degree in Health Science, Social Work or related fields
· Adequate previous experience in guideline and/or manual development as well as need assessment related to disability.
· Understanding of sustainable development goals and Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP II, 2021–2025)
· ’Registered under the set of legal provisions or under any other valid legal cover;
· Commitment to meet the deadlines;
2. Submission of Proposals
Interested and qualified consulting firms/individual consultants may send their proposals, along with the following information:
· Profile, giving background and experience of the firm and a detailed CV of the consultants involved
· Technical Proposal
· Financial proposal
· Copy of renewed Registration Certificate, License or Work Permit
· Other relevant supporting documentsPotential bidders are requested to submit technical and financial proposals with all the necessary documents in person to ECDD office within 07 days from the date of this announcement.
How to Apply
Potential individuals and firms who are interested to assume the assignment are requested to submit their professional license, CV, technical and financial proposals with all the necessary documents via the following address within 7 calendar days from the date of this announcement.
or by e-mail to [email protected] or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope to the ECDD Office – Meskel Flower Road behind Dreamliner Hotel, Tele: +251-114-165859 or through p.o.box 1530 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.