- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Jijiga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Technical Jobs in Ethiopia
The Save the Children in Ethiopia Country Office (CO), in support of the Government of Ethiopia (GoE), has continued to contribute to the well-being of Ethiopian children in development and humanitarian contexts. We work to provide immediate humanitarian relief and long-term sustainable development.
The Mechanic is accountable for providing and conducting quality, efficient and proactive vehicle maintenance and repair work for the efficient management of the programme as per the standard SC systems, polices, and procedures.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Contribute to organise a standard, clean well managed work shop and manage in an effective efficient and to the best satisfaction of the organization.
- Maintain an appropriate and basic level of essential fast moving and non-fast moving spare parts and manage as per Save the Children store and warehouse management procedures
- Maintain health and safety standards in the working environments
- carry out vehicle repair and regular service and maintenance complete the required invoices for the repair, maintenance and regular service conducted according to the respective vehicle project code.
- Carry on and complete the required paper work in relation to the vehicle maintenance.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of Save the Children resources in order to keep cost low and ensure safety in the workplace to the best interest of the organisation
- Report all mechanical breakage due to vehicle inappropriate use known to him/her
- In case of necessity, provide transport service to staffs, visitors and gusts
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to Child Safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Other Task as instructed by Immediate supervise .
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of one year directly related experience
- Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
- Very good skill in communication
- Experience in vehicle maintenance is an asset
- Commitment to SCI’s aims, values and principles
- Diploma in Mechanics or related courses
- Knowledge of the area where the post is located
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
:This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.