Position Title: WASH Business Facilitator
Reports to: Regional WASH Business Advisor
Based in: Amhara Region, Dibate
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of fund
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Application Deadline: September 3, 20 19
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a passionate Woreda WASH Business Facilitator who is responsible for the delivery of results related to Transform WASH field-level deliverables, including business development, follow-up with GoE officials and health extension workers, and regular collection of project data, according to USAID requirements and PSI/E’s internal policies and management requests. The business facilitator will follow pre-agreed program work plans and objectives and support program implementation at all stages throughout the project cycle.
Sounds like you? Read on!
Under the supervision of the Regional WASH Business Advior the Woreda WASH Business Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Oversee routine planning and reporting among WASH business partners (i.e. retailers, masons) and business-affiliated sales agents
- Ensure complete, accurate daily sales registration by sales agents and business partners in appropriate formats (hard copy and digital)
- Monitor and report on implementation and appropriate use of sales and marketing tools by business partners and sales agents
- Routine follow-up of business practices and report any capacity issues to regional PSI/E Business Advisors
- Support Business Advisor in facilitating periodic meetings
- Prepare quarterly and annual woreda WASH work plans with the Business Advisor
- Monitor the woreda sub-award budget utilization and timely liquidation, in consultation with woreda finance officials;
- Attend woreda WASH team (WWT/WWTT) and other relevant meetings and document highlights for communication to Transform WASH team; help coordinate and prioritize key tasks with WWTs;
- Represent Transform WASH at the woreda level, establishing and maintaining links and productive relationships with relevant government authorities and NGO(s), including private sector
- Support linkages between community saving groups with WASH product retailers, producers and/or suppliers;
- Link and act as a liaison between health extension workers and sales agents and support saving group members to procure WASH products
- Support the RSBCC to facilitate monthly/quarterly review meetings with HEWs and VSLA volunteers/agents; ensure linkage meetings between demand creators and suppliers
- Support the M&E team through periodic collection of data and information in the assigned woredas
- Monitor and ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities.
What are we looking for? The basics
- Diploma or BA degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Social Science, Rural/Developmental studies, Sociology, Rural extension, Economics or related fields;
- Four years of related work experience in business development, capacity building or similar skills at the community level;
- Sound skills of motorcycle driving and license.
What would get us excited?
- M&E / data collection
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with business and/or government officials
- Flexibility, adaptability and team orientation; ability to work independently yet productively is essential
- Excellent planning, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form . It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Or apply in person in the following focal points,
Submit your application letter and CV including copy of your motor bike driving license in a hard copy to Bahir Dar PSI/E office (Kebele 13, around Haile G/Selassie school) or Debate Woreda Health Office.
Application deadline September 3, 2019 . We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.