Purpose of the position:
WASH Governance Officer is responsible to participate and organize the WASH data collection system and data management activities, utility establishment, coordinate trainings to ensure the sustainable utilization of the schemes, lead the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas, manage the WASH governance, water quality assessment and monitoring activities of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented by the project in the operation area. In addition, the position will coordinate and manage the establishment and capacity building activities of water utilities, etc.
Major Responsibilities :
· Develop training and capacity development plans for water users to improve the technical, financial and management performance leading to financial sustainability and commercial viability of Utilities, WASHCos and WASH federations
· Improve the capacity of local government to plan, regulate, and monitor the performance of WASH governance structures and community managed water projects;
· Assess the existing mechanisms of citizen involvement in WASH planning, make proposals for improvement and monitor the impact on of water and sanitation services;
· Advise on institutional arrangements, roles and responsibilities in relation to the water governance service delivery at local government level. Work with district level institutions to develop MoU to clarify roles and responsibilities.
· Establish proper fee collection mechanism for water kiosk and other WASH projects with other revenue streams.
· Ensure the presence of appropriate water quality monitoring system and safe water chain practiced in the constructed or rehabilitated water scheme projects.
· Coordinate, participate and monitor water safety plan, environmental management and water resource management to ensure safe and equitable water utilization.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, child protection, disability and peace building.
Number of Position: Five
Duty station: At five Districts
1. Buie (Sodo Guraghe, SNNPRS),
2. Boset/Chefe Donsa (Gimbichu, Oromia)
3. Gojo/Adea Berga(Jeldu, Oromia),
4. Yed Wuha/Enemay (Shebel Berenta, Amhara)
5. Akesta/Kombolcha(Legambo, Amhara),
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
§ Experience: 4 years for MSc and 6 years for BSc
§ Computer knowledge (Word and, Excel).
§ Other NGO experience is preferred
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ Educational level required: M.Sc/BSc. in Public health, Environmental health, Environmental sciences, etc. with experience in the field of WASH Governance and financing activities. Practical experience on water quality monitoring and safe water management is preferable.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
§ Other team management exposure and basic computer knowledge (word, Excel, Outlook)
Travel and/or Work Environment
§ Office based with frequent travel to the field
§ Travel: 60% Domestic travel is required
§ On call: 40%
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected] or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Note: we do not receive hard copies.
Please indicate your preferred area/ district on the application form.