The purpose of a WASH Manager is to implement WASH responsibilities in the area office to ensure that NRC compliant with donor regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and CC strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant CC projects.
- Line management for WASH project staff.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the WASH Specialist.
- Plan, coordinate and lead WASH assessments in Somali Regional State (SRS)
- Quality control of all WASH activities –travel regularly to all the sites of implementation of WASH activities, ensuring that all activities are in accordance with norms and standards;
- Develop, implement and manage remote monitoring systems that guarantee program quality and implementation according to work plans and commitments to donors.
- Develop/Implement the planning for the extension of NRC’s WASH team and activities; Based on the broad framework determined by the needs assessments and the regional WASH strategy, develop SRS WASH strategy.
- Prepare/ develop narratives and budgets for proposals in collaboration with the Area Manager and other Grants team in Country Office.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Degree in Water Engineering, Public Health, Civil Engineering, Environmental Health, Hydrology or related field.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical WASH expertise in both hardware and software components of WASH
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in use of design software like AutoCAD, ArcGIS and statistical packages
- Knowledge and experience of the application of SPHERE and links to emergency and longer-term development practice.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the local language Amharic and Somali is essential.
- Experience is budget development, expenditure monitoring and cost cutting initiatives.
Duty Station: Jigjiga, Ethiopia
Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified candidates of Ethiopian Nationality only!